UCONN-Duke fan made signs | The Boneyard

UCONN-Duke fan made signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Found out yesterday that I won the student lottery to purchase tickets to the UCONN-Duke game at the IZOD Center on December 18th and picked up my ticket this morning. I'm incredibly excited to be one of the select few chosen to cheer on our Huskies against one of UCONN's most hated rivals of all time the Duke Blue Devils. I've never been to a game of this magnitude before and I'm absolutely pumped about it! This is arguably our best non-conference game in the past 5 years. I'm seriously considering making a sign to bring the game and I wanted to float some ideas past some fellow Boneyarders and see what you guys thought. If you wanted to post your own ideas that would be much appreciated too!

Emeka was better- Short, sweet, and to the point. This is obviously a reference to Emeka Okafor whose cousin Jahlil Okafor plays for Duke

Early
Season
Prime Time
New Jersey
Upset

National
Champions
Against
Annoying (Insert any adjective that starts with A that you see fit)
Blue Devils

Reaction Score
No need to get wordy. A giant blow-up of the Sellers/Laettner photo should convey the appropriate message.
Or...

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 10.56.10 AM.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm seriously considering making a sign to bring the game and I wanted to float some ideas past some fellow Boneyarders and see what you guys thought. If you wanted to post your own ideas that would be much appreciated too!

A simple "F cu k Dook" should suffice. Or "Du ck F uke" if you prefer.

(spaces added to thwart the absolutely preposterous profanity filter)

Reaction Score
I like your first suggestion, "EMEKA WAS BETTER" really sends a message that can resonate regardless of the what the score is at that time. Reminding their fans of Emeka's domination of them in 2004 should be nice, but something tells me a number of their fans will have no idea what its talking about

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How about a sign that says, "Duke and Okafor, who's your daddy?" with a picture of Emeka in a UCONN uniform holding the national championship trophy in one hand and a baby with Jahlil's face in the other. Throw in a small Senhor T. hidden somewhere for mojo and you've got poster gold.

Reaction Score
Good to hear you're not selling your ticket. I'm a student too and there's a bunch of a**holes just trying to make a profit. I bought my tickets in July and I'm still pumped as fuq

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Good to hear you're not selling your ticket. I'm a student too and there's a bunch of a**holes just trying to make a profit. I bought my tickets in July and I'm still pumped as fuq

The school needs to start a poinpoint system where you gets points for actually attending sporting events. Then those points determine who gets the tickets.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Found out yesterday that I won the student lottery to purchase tickets to the UCONN-Duke game at the IZOD Center on December 18th and picked up my ticket this morning. I'm incredibly excited to be one of the select few chosen to cheer on our Huskies against one of UCONN's most hated rivals of all time the Duke Blue Devils. I've never been to a game of this magnitude before and I'm absolutely pumped about it! This is arguably our best non-conference game in the past 5 years. I'm seriously considering making a sign to bring the game and I wanted to float some ideas past some fellow Boneyarders and see what you guys thought. If you wanted to post your own ideas that would be much appreciated too!

Emeka was better- Short, sweet, and to the point. This is obviously a reference to Emeka Okafor whose cousin Jahlil Okafor plays for Duke

Early
Season
Prime Time
New Jersey
Upset

National
Champions
Against
Annoying (Insert any adjective that starts with A that you see fit)
Blue Devils
You gotta have some clever text with a picture of ok4 and the trophy in hand. Maybe something like "Okafor? That sounds familiar" or just Emekas better with the pic of the trophy

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
The school needs to start a poinpoint system where you gets points for actually attending sporting events. Then those points determine who gets the tickets.

It's simpler than that. Tie the ticket to the students ID, either you use it or return it for another student to use.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Every Real Duke
Knows To Sing
'Only One Okafor
Wears The Ring'
2004UConnHuskiesNationalChampionshipRing2.JPG

Reaction Score
Wouldn't dream of selling this ticket, I think it's absolute BS that people would take the chance away from a fellow Husky just to make a quick buck it's honestly disgusting. I also think that if it's game day and you're a student that's still trying to sell your ticket then there's a special place in hell for you with the Blue Devil. Just give your ticket away so someone that wants to go to game can go instead of holding your ticket out of spite because you couldn't get top dollar for it. That is the reason why the house isn't always packed and since the game is at the IZOD Center it's especially important to have as many fans at that game as possible!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How about this?

dookplay5.jpg

Not camera friendly enough, but I love this everytime I see it.
In college versus NOVA i went with the simple

Ray Allen > Allen Ray
"Emeka > Jahlil" would be perfect.

"Our Okafor is better than yours" would be okay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom