UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
Couldn't sleep literally around 3 am az time, still waiting on updates from anyone and this played on my apple music... i took it as a sign

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, UConn has nothing to do with it
People in this thread are saying it was Hurley's decision to leave last night instead of early the day before.

Reaction Score
People in this thread are saying it was Hurley's decision to leave last night instead of early the day before.
I think people are under the impression that the school had more say in the matter when in reality they probably just asked Hurley for his preference for departure and communicated that to the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Read this thread. It wasn’t the leaving time. It’s the fact the plane should have been there waiting for them…not the other way

When u charter u can have the plane there anytime u want
Yeah but why are you blaming the school when it's the NCAA fault?

Reaction Score
Happened to me last year when flying into Houston for the Final 4. Woke up to a message that our flight was canceled due to a late season blizzard at MSP. We ended up getting rerouted to Salt Lake and arrived at NRG Stadium during the first media timeout of the UConn/Miami game.

It's easy to say then that we should have flown out Friday. We should have arrived 5 hours before the FAU/SDSU game but things happen when you fly.
Good thing you weren’t the team.

Reaction Score
It's done...the team is there. They aren't going to delay the Final 4 because UConn arrived late. Still 2 days before the game, they'll be fine.

Reaction Score
It was a poor choice on his part because he expected the NCAA to be able to deliver what it promised to him. I guess that was an unreasonable expectation?
It was unreasonable to expect the 3pt line to be accurate.

Reaction Score
Norlander said the media stuff is afternoon Thursday. I would skip it. Take whatever fines. Efff the NCAA.

Or send Andrew Hurley and Romouglou
Too good for them. Send a handful of us to the presser.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was unreasonable to expect the 3pt line to be accurate.
Pssh, girls wanting an accurate, or at least consistent on both sides of the court, three-point line is so soft!

Reaction Score
They weren't bball players playing in the final 4.
I jest. They're Huskies though. Didn't Jordan once play, and win, with the flu? I think they'll come out with more of a mean streak.

Reaction Score
Sleep has always been problematic for me. Sleeping on a plane, in a car, at the airport never worked for me. I have to be in a bed with a lot of covers pulled over my head, a high powered fan or some other white noise, and ear plugs help but aren't necessary. Sleep is still difficult for many like me even when you have ideal conditions. I've always found I can power through the day on very little or even no sleep but it's what comes next that is often times problematic. Being too tired to fall asleep is a very real thing and that often hits the next night.

For some people they fall asleep easily sitting down and as soon as they hit the pillow (any time day or night) and they always wake up fully rested.

I don't play for the best basketball program in the country but I know enough to know this certainly isn't nothing like many are saying.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that when Hurley made this decision it was with input from Calhoun and Geno who have been to couple of Final Fours here and there during their careers.

I do suspect that next year UConn will be taking an earlier flight to account for incompetence, but this situation hasn't arisen in 29 other attempts to get the UConn basketball teams to the Final Four (if my math is correct).

And has it happened to any other team ever?

We will all appreciate this when Andrew sinks a 3 to end the scoring in this tournament as a special nod to the NCAA's incompetence.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don't know why some of you are blaming this on UConn. This is a chartered airplane. It does not fly commercial routes. The NCAA should have had the airplane flown in a day ahead of schedule and paid for it to sit there to ensure the plane would, ya know, ACTUALLY BE AT THE AIRPORT. This is a billion dollar organization with a trip to the freaking Final Four on the line.
average cost of a 737 rental is $25K, so $600k extra to have it there a day early, times 4, and extra $2.4 million for all four teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sleep has always been problematic for me. Sleeping on a plane, in a car, at the airport never worked for me. I have to be in a bed with a lot of covers pulled over my head, a high powered fan or some other white noise, and ear plugs help but aren't necessary. Sleep is still difficult for many like me even when you have ideal conditions. I've always found I can power through the day on very little or even no sleep but it's what comes next that is often times problematic. Being too tired to fall asleep is a very real thing and that often hits the next night.

For some people they fall asleep easily sitting down and as soon as they hit the pillow (any time day or night) and they always wake up fully rested.

I don't play for the best basketball program in the country but I know enough to know this certainly isn't nothing like many are saying.
When we were newlyweds my wife, who enjoys driving, would ask me if I mind it if she drove when we went on longer trips. I would always say "no go ahead" talk with her until we hit the highway and then close my eyes and go to sleep. Sometimes she would complain that it was a long drive and I'd comment "well, it was only about 15 minutes for me." She used to speculate that I had low-grade narcolepsy or something. Generally, I'm out pretty quick when I decide to sleep. The exception would be when we have late night games.

Sadly, she's long abandoned that, so now I'm back on chauffeur duty.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that when Hurley made this decision it was with input from Calhoun and Geno who have been to couple of Final Fours here and there during their careers.

I do suspect that next year UConn will be taking an earlier flight to account for incompetence, but this situation hasn't arisen in 29 other attempts to get the UConn basketball teams to the Final Four (if my math is correct).

And has it happened to any other team ever?

We will all appreciate this when Andrew sinks a 3 to end the scoring in this tournament as a special nod to the NCAA's incompetence.
Hurley was in the final 4 last season and won it all. I think he understands how this stuff works.

Reaction Score
Maybe the NCAA didn't like Danny's comments about the NCAA needing a Commissioner to run the show based on the current trends/events.

The FB schools(Big Conference schools) left in the FF are getting treated pretty well compared to UConn. Coincidence?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Do we know for sure NC State players aren't sharing that larger bed? Or that said room wasn't a one off where most of the rooms were equivalent?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom