UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
Lol at thinking they’re sleeping till noon in Phoenix. Yes I’m sure last night sucked I’m sure they got broken up sleep at the airport on the plane and at the hotel. You just catch up on getting extra sleep tonight.

Ever wake up to sunset in a warm climate and feel it’s noon but it’s actually 9, It doesn’t matter what time you went to sleep your not waking up at noon.
Catching up on sleep isn't really a thing. Especially with any sort of time change.

It probably won't be an issue but it's not really that simple.

Reaction Score
I don't know why some of you are blaming this on UConn. This is a chartered airplane. It does not fly commercial routes. The NCAA should have had the airplane flown in a day ahead of schedule and paid for it to sit there to ensure the plane would, ya know, ACTUALLY BE AT THE AIRPORT. This is a billion dollar organization with a trip to the freaking Final Four on the line.
Exactly. Or at a minimum arriving the morning of. Not an hour before departure

Reaction Score
If any of you want to get even angrier - check out the tweets showing UConn players with a twin sized bed and roommates while NC state guys have king sized beds and their own rooms. Tell me this isn’t by design?
It is by design, UConn isn't a power conference team. The Power Conferences get the $$$ and make the rules. Everyone else are just 2nd class citizens. We're lucky they even let UConn play in the same tournament with the power conferences. In a few years that will not be the case.

Reaction Score
If any of you want to get even angrier - check out the tweets showing UConn players with a twin sized bed and roommates while NC state guys have king sized beds and their own rooms. Tell me this isn’t by design?
Get ^^^ out of here. Can you post the pictures or direct me to them?

Reaction Score
My daughter played D1 sball for a mid-major and lost to Alabama in the NCAA tournament. They played at Alabama and were eliminated mid-day and were flown home on a private charted jet in the early evening.

Not a direct correlation but if the NCAA can have a private jet waiting for a small d1 school in a non-revenue women’s sport, they better make sure a plane is waiting in Hartford for the reigning national champs and # 1 basketball team in America. Don’t blame the weather. This is entirely on the NCAA for not planning ahead. They are out to get us!!!

Reaction Score
Whoever manages this for UConn needs to be reassigned. Sorry but when u get the initial travel info from ncaa u say not acceptable to not have plane arriving late afternoon. Needs to be here early with a fresh flight crew.

With all the press Hurley has done he could have gotten anything he needed by just putting it out there

Reaction Score
good thing is next year we will know better! And plan accordingly

Doomed

Reaction Score
Whoever manages this for UConn needs to be reassigned. Sorry but when u get the initial travel info from ncaa u say not acceptable to not have plane arriving late afternoon. Needs to be here early with a fresh flight crew.

With all the press Hurley has done he could have gotten anything he needed by just putting it out there
Hurley is the one that wanted to leave at that time.

Reaction Score
back in the day I knew some guys who pulled multiple all-nighters during exams and had enough to get to Ted's afterward. It wasn't uncommon. They'll be fine.
They weren't bball players playing in the final 4.

Reaction Score
Hurley is the one that wanted to leave at that time.
That’s not the point or the cause The issue is there was no plane. U don’t rely on a plane arriving from 4 hours away 30 min before takeoff. It stupid. Anyone who flies commercially knows the best flight is one where the plane arrives night before. So if they r 5 hours late who cares… and u get a fresh flight crew so no time out issues

Uconn should have required the plane to be there the night before. Or first thing in the am at worst. It was terribly managed BY UCONN!

Reaction Score
That’s not the point or the cause The issue is there was no plane. U don’t rely on a plane arriving from 4 hours away 30 min before takeoff. It stupid. Anyone who flies commercially knows the best flight is one where the plane arrives night before. So if they r 5 hours late who cares… and u get a fresh flight crew so no time out issues

Uconn should have required the plane to be there the night before. Or first thing in the am at worst. It was terribly managed BY UCONN!
For the millionth time, UConn has nothing to do with it

Reaction Score
And if there is a delay u arrange for a flight crew to get to Ct so no time out issues
thats obviously not how it works.

I’m glad for you that you have never dealt with flying issues lol this exact situation happens all the time. If you want to whine that the NCAA doesn’t buy teams backup private planes, that’s one thing. But you can’t (quickly) just summon another flight crew in the situation they were in.

Reaction Score
For the millionth time, UConn has nothing to do with it
And therein lies the problem.....

Next year when they schedule the final four accommodations, I bet we have something to do with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom