UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know why some of you are blaming this on UConn. This is a chartered airplane. It does not fly commercial routes. The NCAA should have had the airplane flown in a day ahead of schedule and paid for it to sit there to ensure the plane would, ya know, ACTUALLY BE AT THE AIRPORT. This is a billion dollar organization with a trip to the freaking Final Four on the line.

This is the correct response. UConn, via Hurley, wanted an extra practice before departing. That's fine. Have the busses warmed up and waiting at Storrs for the team.

But the plane and aircrew should have been at Bradley several hours before departure, if not a whole day ahead so they can get their crew rest with room on the backend for flyable hours if there is a weather or mechanical delay.

Reaction Score
For all the money the NCAA makes, something like this shouldn't happen. There are alternatives if they want to ensure that teams get to the venue in a reasonable amount of time. I hope Hurley says something at his presser.

Reaction Score
Why do people keep bringing up the weather? The original plane was cancelled because of mechanical issues. It literally couldn’t leave the ground in Kansas City. Weather had absolutely nothing to do with the initial delay. The weather only impacted them once they had to wait 6 hours for another airplane to arrive.
Because it should be another consideration. Anyone who has followed this little saga knows it had nothing to do with the plane from KC but when there's going to be sleet/snow, 50 mph winds it's not a good idea to fly out that night if you can avoid it. They probably spent a good 2 hours deicing last night at Bradley.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't matter... And then say it caused a 6 hour delay lol.
What are you talking about? For the 5th time, the weather did not cause the initial delay. The airplane was stuck in Kansas City because of MECHANICAL problems. It then took 6 hours for another plane to fly in to Bradley. Once again, that plane that flew in was not delayed because of weather. How many more times do I have to say that?

Reactions: Jds

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stupid thing is if the plane was in KC, they knew by 2:00 est the plane wasn’t going to be there. Tell the team so they don’t get to airport for 6. Let them have a late dinner

And u should be able to locate a plane that can fly within an hour of CT. There’s only 4 major airports

They repurpose planes all the time. I was at Gatwick and they took our crew and drive them to Heathrow because United cared about that flight more and we had no flight crew.

They should let the world know which airline screwed up
IMG_2025.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because it should be another consideration. Anyone who has followed this little saga knows it had nothing to do with the plane from KC but when there's going to be sleet/snow, 50 mph winds it's not a good idea to fly out that night if you can avoid it. They probably spent a good 2 hours deicing last night at Bradley.
Dude, they would have been in the air at 6pm if the original plane had actually been there. The storm didn’t even start until much later in the evening

Reaction Score
Our guys were up an entire night in travel two days before the national semifinals.

It may amount to not much, but it's not nothing.
Exactly.

Hurley loves the slights and bulletin board material but he also loves routine and so does the team. This throws things off and messes with sleep schedules. It also messes with their final 4 experience. Hopefully guys caught some zzzz's on the plane (I could never do it) but there was a lot of moving around all of last night without them actually moving anywhere. I wonder what Hurley told them about meeting up today. They must've got to their rooms at 430 am.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't matter... And then say it caused a 6 hour delay lol.

He said it had nothing to do with the initial delay which caused this whole mess

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What are you talking about? For the 5th time, the weather did not cause the initial delay. The airplane was stuck in Kansas City because of MECHANICAL problems. It then took 6 hours for another plane to fly in to Bradley. Once again, that plane that flew in was not delayed because of weather. How many more times do I have to say that?

Nobody is saying the weather caused the initial delay numbnuts.

The point is that things like mechanical delays can happen and when there is a major storm front incoming it's probably best to avoid it all together.

Reaction Score
Dude, they would have been in the air at 6pm if the original plane had actually been there. The storm didn’t even start until much later in the evening
Duh, I feel like we're going in circles here. They didn't have a plane at Bradley, that's the whole point.

This isn't you or me flying on vacation.

Reaction Score
As long as our players observing Ramadan can adjust to this travel inconvenience re: their fasting protocols and get their body clocks recaliberated. We should be fine. We will need Hass/Samson on Sat.

Is it optimal? No. Doable? Yes. Rolling Over Tide

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Hurley loves the slights and bulletin board material but he also loves routine and so does the team. This throws things off and messes with sleep schedules. It also messes with their final 4 experience. Hopefully guys caught some zzzz's on the plane (I could never do it) but there was a lot of moving around all of last night without them actually moving anywhere. I wonder what Hurley told them about meeting up today. They must've got to their rooms at 430 am.
I'm pissed for guys like Castle and Spencer, even Stewart and Ball who didn't get to experience this and this may be their only opportunity.

They deserve to be part of the spectacle, instead have to sleep until noon.

Reaction Score
The issue wasn’t weather. It was the plane. If they had a plane on site instead of flying across the country it would have been fine
I didn't say risky because of wEaTHeR. Lol

Reaction Score
I'm pissed for guys like Castle and Spencer, even Stewart and Ball who didn't get to experience this and this may be their only opportunity.

They deserve to be part of the spectacle, instead have to sleep until noon.
Lol at thinking they’re sleeping till noon in Phoenix. Yes I’m sure last night sucked I’m sure they got broken up sleep at the airport on the plane and at the hotel. You just catch up on getting extra sleep tonight.

Ever wake up to sunset in a warm climate and feel it’s noon but it’s actually 9, It doesn’t matter what time you went to sleep your not waking up at noon.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Late Monday night 4/8, this will just be another chapter in the story of the greatest college basketball team of the millennium, a true blue blood, crushing all opponents, and adversity that stood in their way, to a repeat!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom