UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
Tip off is at 5:49pm local time and sunset isn't until 6:52pm local time. So likely at halftime they'll be able to refuel but these next 2 days are going to be rough for them while they adjust to the time change
I mean, our tipoff against Illinois was also well before sunset and Diarra and Johnson were fine.

Reaction Score
Again, please provide me with a concrete example of the NCAA or professional team who paid to have an extra plane waiting and an extra flight crew waiting.

You haven’t answered my questions so I assume you don’t have an actual answer. It’s just “should have…” with no actual thought of the logistics involved in what you want.
The Patriots have 2 airplanes in case one of them has a mechanical problem.

Reaction Score
I mean, our tipoff against Illinois was also well before sunset and Diarra and Johnson were fine.
That was without needing to adjust their body clock for a 3 hour delay.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Because it’s obviously a big conspiracy.

What was the NCAA supposed to do exactly? How were they to arrange a “backup” plan, and what would that backup plan be? What would the logistics be for that backup plan?

Sunday:

Hey the weather looks like garbage Wednesday, maybe we should contemplate flying out of CT on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, Alabama also has 2 players fasting in Dioubate & Wague. NC State has at least one player fasting as well. They probably aren’t eating much during a game, I know Diarra from NC State was just using gels (ones that runners use during races). I’d guess something similar for them; easy carb’s & electrolytes.

Reaction Score
What private planes does the NCAA own? What flight crews do they employ?
You continue to miss the point. This isn't you or me traveling on our dime. There's a tremendous amount of money involved in this. Half the time I fly I'm waiting for hours at the airport, I had to ask the flight attendant to deplane us the last time I flew. Flights canceled for the day and had to return home. I won't bore you with all this because we all go through it flying commercial air.

The basketball teams going to the final 4 shouldn't be dealing with the same cr@p we deal with.

Reaction Score
I don't know why some of you are blaming this on UConn. This is a chartered airplane. It does not fly commercial routes. The NCAA should have had the airplane flown in a day ahead of schedule and paid for it to sit there to ensure the plane would, ya know, ACTUALLY BE AT THE AIRPORT. This is a billion dollar organization with a trip to the freaking Final Four on the line.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What was the NCAA supposed to do exactly? How were they to arrange a “backup” plan, and what would that backup plan be? What would the logistics be for that backup plan?
Book the flights through a company that offered a secondary plane on a standby basis so that they could be sure that one would be available to timely transport the Huskies. The logistics would be that if the first plane and crew were not available, they would take the second.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Hurley chose to leave Wed, that was a poor choice on his part. But that doesn't explain why the NCAA didn't have contingency plans for disrupted travel. Leaving 7.5 hrs later than scheduled shouldn't have happened.
It was a poor choice on his part because he expected the NCAA to be able to deliver what it promised to him. I guess that was an unreasonable expectation?

Reaction Score
You continue to miss the point. This isn't you or me traveling on our dime. There's a tremendous amount of money involved in this. Half the time I fly I'm waiting for hours at the airport, I had to ask the flight attendant to deplane us the last time I flew. Flights canceled for the day and had to return home. I won't bore you with all this because we all go through it flying commercial air.

The basketball teams going to the final 4 shouldn't be dealing with the same cr@p we deal with.
For all we know, the NCAA may have warned us that Wednesday would be our backup flight day like for the other 3 teams. And we chose it as our primary flight day.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Lonely Dog GIF

This is gonna be must watch television.

Reaction Score
No offense, but you probably don’t have an appointment to be on the national stage watched my 90,000 people live, with tens of millions of people watching on TV and reported by every media company on the country. We needed a back up plan and had none that was adequate. Preparation is key.
Stupid thing is if the plane was in KC, they knew by 2:00 est the plane wasn’t going to be there. Tell the team so they don’t get to airport for 6. Let them have a late dinner

And u should be able to locate a plane that can fly within an hour of CT. There’s only 4 major airports

They repurpose planes all the time. I was at Gatwick and they took our crew and drive them to Heathrow because United cared about that flight more and we had no flight crew.

They should let the world know which airline screwed up

Reaction Score
Happened to me last year when flying into Houston for the Final 4. Woke up to a message that our flight was canceled due to a late season blizzard at MSP. We ended up getting rerouted to Salt Lake and arrived at NRG Stadium during the first media timeout of the UConn/Miami game.

It's easy to say then that we should have flown out Friday. We should have arrived 5 hours before the FAU/SDSU game but things happen when you fly.
As Chief said. You’re not important to the event The team is!!! BIG DIFF.

Reaction Score
I don't know why some of you are blaming this on UConn. This is a chartered airplane. It does not fly commercial routes. The NCAA should have had the airplane flown in a day ahead of schedule and paid for it to sit there to ensure the plane would, ya know, ACTUALLY BE AT THE AIRPORT. This is a billion dollar organization with a trip to the freaking Final Four on the line.
If UConn was always planning on leaving Wednesday night I'm blaming both parties. UConn for thinking they could just fly out smoothly Wednesday night, the NCAA for being a cheapskate organization run by idiots. They have to know what a disaster the NCAA is by now. Make sure you know you have a plane on location with a crew who can fly it if you're choosing to fly out Wednesday night instead of early Tuesday. Make sure you know the weather forecast.

Reaction Score
Because it’s obviously a big conspiracy.

How about u don’t have a plane coming from 4 hours away? And if there is a delay u arrange for a flight crew to get to Ct so no time out issues

Reaction Score
If UConn was always planning on leaving Wednesday night I'm blaming both parties. UConn for thinking they could just fly out smoothly Wednesday night, the NCAA for being a cheapskate organization run by idiots. They have to know what a disaster the NCAA is by now. Make sure you know you have a plane on location with a crew who can fly it if you're choosing to fly out Wednesday night instead of early Tuesday. Make sure you know the weather forecast.
Why do people keep bringing up the weather? The original plane was cancelled because of mechanical issues. It literally couldn’t leave the ground in Kansas City. Weather had absolutely nothing to do with the initial delay. The weather only impacted them once they had to wait 6 hours for another airplane to arrive.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why do people keep bringing up the weather? The original plane was cancelled because of mechanical issues. It literally couldn’t leave the ground in Kansas City. Weather had absolutely nothing to do with the initial delay. The weather only impacted them once they had to wait 6 hours for another airplane to arrive.

I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't matter... And then say it caused a 6 hour delay lol.

Reaction Score
Guys, let's not be critical of the NCAA, they only take approximately $650 million from the revenue generated by the NCAA tournament.... I mean that's only enough to outright buy about 6 Boeing 737 max jets....
Six 737s wouldn’t necessarily get us to Phoenix any faster but your point is well-taken

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom