UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
Messing with their body clocks but what are gonna do? No one said it was going to be easy

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
IMG_1587.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And I would definitely be full on spiteful about players and the media availability. If anything I'd have them doing phone interviews from their hotel rooms at the exact same time their media availability is scheduled for in-person interviews. Have DH and the AD show up in person. Everyone else is via phone.

Reaction Score
It’s still unacceptable but they will be fine. I’m assuming they did get to sleep at the airport and on the plane. And hopefully get some sleep at the hotel today assuming their rooms were available and actually cleaned.

Sleeping in actually makes it worse just have your regular schedule, the Arizona sun helps a bit and you will definitely sleep well tonight.

Reaction Score
They should have left YESTERDAY, like the other 3 teams

You people act like you’ve never flown before. This happens all the time. It’s happened to me where weather was fine at my airport but conditions elsewhere caused a chain reaction of delays and flight crew shifts expiring such that the airline isn’t able to immediately staff a flight, and thus need to wait until another staff can come on the clock. Every airline isn’t paying on-call staff to just wait around in case some event like this happens.

And when it happens, you don’t think to yourself I SHOULD’VE FLOWN YESTERDAY. It’s the crummy reality of the randomness of flying.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You people act like you’ve never flown before. This happens all the time. It’s happened to me where weather was fine at my airport but conditions elsewhere caused a chain reaction of delays and flight crew shifts expiring such that the airline isn’t able to immediately staff a flight, and thus need to wait until another staff can come on the clock. Every airline isn’t paying on-call staff to just wait around in case some event like this happens.

And when it happens, you don’t think to yourself I SHOULD’VE FLOWN YESTERDAY. It’s the crummy reality of the randomness of flying.
The sentiment is that the NCAA should have scheduled their flight on Tuesday along with the rest of the teams (move Alabama too).

They gave the furthest distanced team the latest flight…

Reaction Score
And I would definitely be full on spiteful about players and the media availability. If anything I'd have them doing phone interviews from their hotel rooms at the exact same time their media availability is scheduled for in-person interviews. Have DH and the AD show up in person. Everyone else is via phone.
No it’s better they just have their regular routine, like they had planned. I’m sure the last thing the players would wanna do is spend more time in their hotel rooms. They need to get out enjoy that Arizona sun. They will get a good nights sleep tonight.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Why were Purdue and Alabama teams there Tuesday and the team with the longest flight that had weather issues know well in advanced schedules to leave Thursday night?

No offense, because the same applies to me, but having a contingency to land a day earlier for a meaningless business trip or vacation isn't the same as playing for a national championship when your travel accomodations are backed by a billion dollar organization.

Reaction Score
I’m assuming the date of departure is up to the school….leaving at 6 getting in 830 local time makes a lot of sense.

BUT….having a crew scheduled to fly across the country to get the travelers on a day with terrible weather across 1/3 of the us is beyond stupid! You can’t control mechanical issues but you can have a crew that isn’t in danger of timing out!

Reaction Score
I’m assuming the date of departure is up to the school….leaving at 6 getting in 830 local time makes a lot of sense.

BUT….having a crew scheduled to fly across the country to get the travelers on a day with terrible weather across 1/3 of the us is beyond stupid! You can’t control mechanical issues but you can have a crew that isn’t in danger of timing out!

Reaction Score
Why did we end up with a plane coming from Kansas City? Shouldn't that have been Purdue's plane?

Dave Benedict better be pushing hard for practice and media obligations being rescheduled for when they suit our needs. Getting rest and practicing once we're rested should be the priorities.

Reaction Score

No offense, but you probably don’t have an appointment to be on the national stage watched my 90,000 people live, with tens of millions of people watching on TV and reported by every media company on the country. We needed a back up plan and had none that was adequate. Preparation is key.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom