UConn Depth Chart for Michigan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Depth Chart for Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You realize, right, that when you "yank" starters you have to put someone else in, and if you're fairly certain from practice that the guys you put in will be worse than the guys you want to yank you would just be hurting the team?

Thanks for letting me know.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You think playing right tackle vs. left tackle is analogous to doing something with your opposite hand? Methinks you are grossly overthinking this game.

Yes - that's exactly what I think playing right tackle and left tackle is analgous to, and if you notice, the analogy I used involved activities that involve some kind of coordinated sport motion that involves footwork, legs, hips torso and upper extremity movement out to doing something with the hands.

But if you're talking about some kind of other activity and switching to the opposite hand, then maybe we aren't on the same page.

Reaction Score
Yes - that's exactly what I think playing right tackle and left tackle is analgous to, and if you notice, the analogy I used involved activities that involve some kind of coordinated sport motion that involves footwork, legs, hips torso and upper extremity movement out to doing something with the hands.

But if you're talking about some kind of other activity and switching to the opposite hand, then maybe we aren't on the same page.

I have to agree with the others, Carl. The analogy was a stretch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I have to agree with the others, Carl. The analogy was a stretch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The analogy may have been a stretch ... but probably more often true. One of the reasons Donald Thomas finally stuck with the Pats was because he placed extra emphasis on being able to play both guard spots, but it took him that long to finally be able to do it competently. It is possible to practice on both sides of center, but only a few ever do so with a reasonable amount of success.

All that being said ... it won't take much to better the performance we're seeing now at RT.

Reaction Score
the technique is different and will take longer than a few practices to learn them. I think that's what he was trying to say. Hemmingway is the best option but in no way can you put him on an island on passing plays. Maybe some roll outs to bennetts side will be in order, or some chip blocks from the rb's.

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/09/no-change-in-status-for-three-injured.html

>>So if Phillips, who has the most receiving yards through two games as any UConn receiver since 1989, can't do who will replace him? "John Green will go in," Pasqualoni said, "John did in and did a good job last week. We are working a bunch of people, Dhameer Bradley, Noel Thomas, Thomas Lucas trying to bring him along as well as he is a tall kind of a same type of guy as Shak so we are working those guys and it is just a matter of how much we can get them, how much they can get ready and what they can get ready to do by Saturday."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom