UConn - DePaul game Friday Dec 31 has been canceled [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - DePaul game Friday Dec 31 has been canceled [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I do think South Carolina and UConn should cancel their January 27 game to open the date to play conference "makeups." I don't think either school has much to gain by playing that game other than fulfilling tv contract obligations and ass many conference games as possible need to be played. Rescheduling DePaul would seem to me to be more important to UConn than a second game against South Carolina.
I’d rather see the entire BE schedule cancelled and watch a UCONN/SC matchup.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just noticed that ESPN changed the designation for the Uconn/Marquette game from Canceled to Postponed - not sure it indicates anything specific but thought it was interesting - if it was a specific change, it would indicate that the BE or the schools themselves contacted them to indicate the game would be rescheduled.

As for canceling January as some suggest ... I think it doesn't make sense. There is no guarantee that Feb would be any different and better to play as many games as can be scheduled as soon as they can be, and then fill in whatever they can. It is now clear that the issues that everyone thought would be solved with vaccines are not going to be, so there is really no safety in pausing or waiting out some random period of time before resuming.

Think a bubble tournament is looking more likely by the day.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley giving insight into the severity of COVID on the Men's team on a zoom call. Not pretty

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle
Top Bottom