UConn defended Diggins well | The Boneyard

UConn defended Diggins well

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they did a great job stopping her from going left MOST of the time!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
they did a great job stopping her from going left MOST of the time!

As I said in another thread, Diggins, Novosel and McBride took 53 of ND's 67 shots and made 16. That's 30%. Diggins and Novosel did get to the FT line 19 times, mostly in the 2nd half, and that hurt.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
saw and understood that... just pointing out they didnt play her straight up they angled/forced her to right.

didnt have to use as much lateral movement

Reaction Score
The initial braggadocio on Diggins face soon turned to consternation. She's not use to not having her way and judging from the serious talking-to she received on the bench by the team psychologist, er.. one of the coaches, her day was not shaping up to be a good one. Unfortunately, near the end of the game, those guarding her seemed to tire from the frantic pace and gave her a few inches of breathing room. This enabled her spirits to revive and caused ours to flag. Her mom seemed to take everything in stride.

Reaction Score
The home court had a huge influence in this game. UConn, IMO, outplayed Notre Dame and they defended extremely well.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Personally I thought they did an excellent job on her. It was a toss up game and a call or 2 - Bria not slipping also, may have resulted in a W. I'm thinking any other refs and half of Novesel's dribble penetrations would be charges, would have made a huge difference as when they don't call charges and instead called the block she became unstoppable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Personally I thought they did an excellent job on her. It was a toss up game and a call or 2 - Bria not slipping also, may have resulted in a W. I'm thinking any other refs and half of Novesel's dribble penetrations would be charges, would have made a huge difference as when they don't call charges and instead called the block she became unstoppable.
And if they had called Kelly for her foul on Diggins 3 then we would have lost in Reg time.

Seriously folks, the refs didn't cost us the game. It's time to get over it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom