UConn-Creighton Preview | The Boneyard

UConn-Creighton Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Finally a game "we hope" . Not playing for this long is a concern. Is this the first time ever playing Creighton? Can't wait to see the huskies back in action.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad I watched Creighton vs Kansas so I have a better idea of how these guys play. I hope our defense steps up. It is going to need to.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Creighton sells out to stop Bouknight. I think a Providence poster mentioned it last night, but unless they will go zone, they don't really have a guy on their roster who has the speed or size to deal with him.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Creighton sells out to stop Bouknight. I think a Providence poster mentioned it last night, but unless they will go zone, they don't really have a guy on their roster who has the speed or size to deal with him.
If they go zone that’s just a compliment to us. A team that plays zone is basically saying we aren’t good enough to compete with you. Hopefully we can beat a zone efficiently then... since we’ve seen it for the majority of 3 games.

Also playing zone for most of the game is not ideal for Creighton since they’re an uptempo team. So I wouldn’t expect to see much of it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What’s up with Polley? Borges is saying he may not play tomorrow?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If they go zone that’s just a compliment to us. A team that plays zone is basically saying we aren’t good enough to compete with you. Hopefully we can beat a zone efficiently then... since we’ve seen it for the majority of 3 games.

Also playing zone for most of the game is not ideal for Creighton since they’re an uptempo team. So I wouldn’t expect to see much of it.

LOL. Yeah, teams like the Miami Heat. These flexible zones are simply effective defenses against most modern 4 out offenses. You are going to see more and more of it until the next shift occurs. There is no award given for playing man, only for winning games.

I am a fan of switching defenses multiple times during games. Calhoun used to do that often. Anybody who just plays man to man isn‘t using all the tools available to win games.

UConn‘s best running, uptempo teams played a zone press.

Reaction Score
Figured I'd bump this up in case anyone looking for anything to watch before the game!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Love it. Wish it was Sanogo, but makes sense to go with Carlton and his experience in the first Big East game
Carlton looks good so far. Cole is super frustrating with the bad shots. Needs to be more of a facilitator.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
We have the best player on the floor by far. Unfortunately, there's no sidekick emerging yet.
Creighton is tough to play after a long layoff like this. They're a good team and under the circumstances, a 5 point halftime deficit is not terrible. Someone else needs to step up though.

Reaction Score
We have the best player on the floor by far. Unfortunately, there's no sidekick emerging yet.
Creighton is tough to play after a long layoff like this. They're a good team and under the circumstances, a 5 point halftime deficit is not terrible. Someone else needs to step up though.
Considering how badly they shot the ball a 5 point deficit wouldn't be so bad. But I like the 4 point deficit better. :)

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Considering how badly they shot the ball a 5 point deficit wouldn't be so bad. But I like the 4 point deficit better. :)
Ha...agreed...4. Was in the kitchen posting and making lunch and couldn't remember the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom