>> UConn could be left behind [NY DAILY NEWS: 12/16/12] | The Boneyard

>> UConn could be left behind [NY DAILY NEWS: 12/16/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
>> UConn could be left behind [NY DAILY NEWS: 12/16/12]

>> Unless ACC throws Huskies a lifeline, UConn could be left behind when seven Catholic Big East schools leave to form own league.
[L I N K]

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seventeen schools have left the Big East and somehow UConn is the only school portrayed as some sort of villain.

Reaction Score
"Both schools quickly faded into irrelevance, both regionally and nationally."

All one really needs to know about the writer and the BS tone of the article.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Seventeen schools have left the Big East and somehow UConn is the only school portrayed as some sort of villain.

th
NEW UCONN LOGO

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The hardest thing about talking to Dick in the old days was trying not to stare at his toupee.

It was a weird reddish color and stuck out in every direction like the hair was made of hay.

Nice enough old man, but maintaining eye contact with that red squirrel duck*ing his head was impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
did that jackwagon actually compare us to Fordham? and BC?

and we're the villain that destroyed the Big East?

did he just say "you didn't build that" to us?

seriously? case dismissed

the brilliance of another media member on display. I can only surmise he has no pride or he doesn't know how stupid his argument is (actually some combination thereof)

Reaction Score
The hardest thing about talking to Dick in the old days was trying not to stare at his toupee.

It was a weird reddish color and stuck out in every direction like the hair was made of hay.

Nice enough old man, but maintaining eye contact with that red squirrel duck*ing his head was impossible.

AaaaaaaaH! Perspective...............it's a wonderful thing. And we can always depend on a reality check from you. LMAO! :D Seriously, while I don't have a read on Warde Manual at all, I do believe, right down to my bones(with absolutely no scientific evidence at all), that Susan Herbst has our backs; and, despite all of the media nonsense(like this article), she will have us positioned to land squarely on our feet AND, most importantly, having the last laugh. Everyone from fans of other programs to multiple media types used us for ridicule and punching bags before and, early on, after JC took over. How's that working out for them?

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I didn't know Hoops was a poster on the PC board. He should have called it "Why we hate UConn."

Reaction Score

After the first 2 lines, I thought you were writing a nursery rhyme. Very disappointed.

Reaction Score

We're not portrayed as a villain, we're portrayed as a feeble side kick that couldn't harm anyone.

Reaction Score
We're not portrayed as a villain, we're portrayed as a feeble side kick that couldn't harm anyone.

All of this is happening only because UConn basketball won a lot of games and because football quickly showed you could be better than Cuse and Pitt over an extended period without even trying very hard. BC too wanted to keep UConn out because it was afraid of competition, as we knew from the very beginning from the Bob Ryan column quoting top people in the BC AD office. The idea that this is about Richard Blumenthal or anything else is a joke.

It's about competition and survival.

The only real card UConn had was the state, and I think still that this is a significant card.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Someone from UConn really had to tick him off. The article was so over the top to be critical of one university when so many various pieces had a hand in the demise.

He's a graduate of Temple so his beef has to be personal. Anyways fishy made my day.

Reaction Score
Seems like people are somehow forgetting that UConn was an original member of the big east and is, by any measure, its most successful basketball program. If UConn doesn't have the success that they have had, how many national titles does big east end getting out of this grand basketball focused conference....3?

Reaction Score
Somehow? It's because UConn has "forgotten who they are," whatever the duck* that means.

In fairness to Dana O'Neil and her alma mater, Penn State never forgot who it was. They aided and abetted a child molester just to preserve the football team's stature.

Reaction Score
Nothing this dope says has credibility. He, like many of those at Yahoo and CBS Sports, are among those that Calhoun pissed off over the years. He is one of the squid's prostitutes.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Somehow? It's because UConn has "forgotten who they are,".
IMO the reference is to UConn forgetting that they are a basketball school and becoming a wannabe football school. UConn built a new football stadium and football practice facility and only now, years later are the moving forward with a basketball facility.
I hate the tone if this article, but this point is valid.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, this is a catastrophic failure of PR. And that is driven by the Pres, and that AD a, who have obviously dropped the ball concerning the most important element of their jobs.

And as for Bloomie, where the hell is he? if he deems himself so important, in this matter? Threats to sue, etc, are not so bad. Or has he, like Dems in general, failed to see the long run, and become impotent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom