UConn @ Conway S. Carolina (3/5 v. Miami (OH) @ Noon, 3/6 v. Davidson College @ 10:30a, 3/7 v. Coastal Carolina @ 3p & 3/8 v. Coastal Carolina @ Noon) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Conway S. Carolina (3/5 v. Miami (OH) @ Noon, 3/6 v. Davidson College @ 10:30a, 3/7 v. Coastal Carolina @ 3p & 3/8 v. Coastal Carolina @ Noon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huge win! Caleb was magnificent! The boys put the ball in play and got a gutsy win. Way to go!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Regarding the strikeouts- they are swinging at lot of balls that are down and off the plate. It is almost like the guys are trying to force things instead of staying patient or looking for balls in a zone. They are pressing- competition for places could be a reason. Hopefully as the season continues, guys just look to stay within themselves.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Caleb is clutch no doubt about it
Cut down on the KOs and can of corns at the plate and this team is deadly
Great afternoon

Reaction Score

->The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers were held without a hit from the eighth-inning on in a 5-4 12-inning loss to the UConn Huskies on Sunday afternoon on day three of the Baseball at the Beach event.

The loss snaps a six-game winning streak for the Chants and puts CCU at 7-3 on the year.

Sunday's 12-inning affair was the second extra-inning contest of the season for the Chants who defeated then-No. 16 Wake Forest 4-1 in 12-innings back on Feb. 23.

The Coastal hitters struck out 22 times on the night and did not hit a home run for only the second game this season. <-

Reaction Score
So we obviously won’t see Cody W today, and we may not see Marerro, Haud or Polônia either. I know we get limited information on baseball players, but we haven’t seen any of Lucas, Angus Mayock or Willis yet this year. Are they hurt? Are they in the bullpen and ready today if their numbers are called? With no idea how long Gallagher will be able to go against a really good team, we know Lucas is an effective long reliever.

Reaction Score
So we obviously won’t see Cody W today, and we may not see Marerro, Haud or Polônia either. I know we get limited information on baseball players, but we haven’t seen any of Lucas, Angus Mayock or Willis yet this year. Are they hurt? Are they in the bullpen and ready today if their numbers are called? With no idea how long Gallagher will be able to go against a really good team, we know Lucas is an effective long reliever.

Colby Dunlop is on the travel squad this weekend. I would never say it is obvious that we won't see a particular player, despite his recent poor performances. At the beginning of the weekend, Chris Jones mentioned some players on the trip. Angus Mayock was not on this weekend's travel squad. I don't think Justin Willis is on this trip as well, but I am not totally certain on that one. Willis did not make the trips on the first two weekends, I know that. I'm inclined to think that Will Lucas and/or Jimmy Wang are likely candidates for long relief today after Gallagher comes out. Whatever the case, I half expect Chris Jones during the broadcast today will mention the pitchers who are on the trip and who are available to pitch. It will certainly give the coaching staff a look at some of the lesser used arms so far this season. I'm looking forward to see how these guys do.

Reaction Score
Always good to see WHUS getting a mention in one of these tweets:

Reaction Score
Colby Dunlop is on the travel squad this weekend. I would never say it is obvious that we won't see a particular player, despite his recent poor performances. At the beginning of the weekend, Chris Jones mentioned some players on the trip. Angus Mayock was not on this weekend's travel squad. I don't think Justin Willis is on this trip as well, but I am not totally certain on that one. Willis did not make the trips on the first two weekends, I know that. I'm inclined to think that Will Lucas and/or Jimmy Wang are likely candidates for long relief today after Gallagher comes out. Whatever the case, I half expect Chris Jones during the broadcast today will mention the pitchers who are on the trip and who are available to pitch. It will certainly give the coaching staff a look at some of the lesser used arms so far this season. I'm looking forward to see how these guys do.
Disappointed to hear about Mayock. Don't think he has traveled at all this year. Makes you wonder if he has a nagging injury?

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but the comments here make me think that the strike zone was huge yesterday. That forces the hitters on both teams to chase pitches that they might not swing at otherwise, and voila, you have 35 strike outs.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Our pitching depth will be tested today... Wonder if we see Reggie at all?

Reaction Score
Still no Chris Winkel and Kyler Fedko, Ciaran getting the start behind the plate. Cool to see Gallagher get the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom