UConn considering proof of COVID vaccination, reduced capacity: ‘There is a level of concern because of the trends’ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn considering proof of COVID vaccination, reduced capacity: ‘There is a level of concern because of the trends’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given the state's Covid numbers, It seems like UConn is trying to be proactive to keep people as safe and healthy as possible when showing up to an indoor event with 10-15,000 screaming people, at least that's what I got out of reading quickly through that article. If that is what they come up with, then Im fine with that.
What's the difference of having 10-15,000 screaming people opposed to 5-8,000 screaming people. If they (Big East) are worried about spreading the virus than don't have fans. Go back to the bubble. Total different circumstance than over a year ago. The majority of the people have been vaccinated and now with boosters to go with it.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Good! About time! No reason why anyone without a legit reason is not vaccinated at this point!
The vaccine don’t work. That is obvious at this point. These aren’t breakthrough cases. The vaccine is ineffective. Pfizer made Billions off of a lie. Stay tuned to learn about devastating long term effects.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I keep making this point but it is ignored: the official data 20211228_OS_Daily_Omicron_Overview.pdf coming out of the UK (who is ahead of us in the variant) shows that the death rate is at a level similar to the flu. This is not delta or the original strain of COVID. This is exactly what happened with the Spanish flu: it kept mutating until it became the regular flu.

Reaction Score
I hope not. A healthy discussion needs to be had and the school needs to know the fans won’t tolerate it
I agree, none of this is being said to belittle anyone. It's probably the same conversations that are occurring right now within the athletic department/state/board of trustees. Obviously the people that have to make these decisions know the pluses and minuses that come with whatever decisions they go with.

Reaction Score

Dogs Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
OfIf you’re vaccinated, then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about and have no need for passports and mandates
I'm guessing they don't want to contribute to a wave of unvaccinated flooding the hospitals. Early returns seem to indicate at least 20:1 in the ICU's are unvaxxed but I could be marginally off. I'd like to think we care about our hospital workers and first responders who have taken a beating. If they are wrong they can change it back.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm guessing they don't want to contribute to a wave of unvaccinated flooding the hospitals. Early returns seem to indicate at least 20:1 in the ICU's are unvaxxed but I could be marginally off. I'd like to think we care about our hospital workers and first responders who have taken a beating. If they are wrong they can change it back.
It's no where near 20:1 anymore. Closer to 2:1 and in the UK where omicron is further along the majority being hospitalized with omicron are vaccinated.

Reaction Score

This strand is far less potent. So while numbers are way up, and even hitting record numbers, hospitalizations are stagnant or going down in a lot of places.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Nice. In two hours this thread turns into a debate on vaccines, abortion, and the pope.

I undeleted some of the replies so y'all can see who the morons are.

If you want to debate vaccines or Covid policy, use the thread I started in the suggestions, comments, etc. board. It's not indexed by search engines, so I don't really care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon