UConn considering proof of COVID vaccination, reduced capacity: ‘There is a level of concern because of the trends’ | The Boneyard

UConn considering proof of COVID vaccination, reduced capacity: ‘There is a level of concern because of the trends’

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The "trends" based on the UK who is already further down the tracks than is us that omicron has a similar death rate to the flu.

Reaction Score
If my friends and family can’t go, then I’m getting my money back.

I don’t see any other schools doing this. If UConn didn’t receive tax payer money, would they be doing this?
I mean all the schools in places that have blanket vaccine mandates have had to already do this.

NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, Philly, etc. all have mandates with arenas included.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The proof of vaccination is good. Setting a capacity limit after tickets have been sold and delivered will be a nightmare, and I have no idea how they will even begin to implement that.
Proof of vaccination is required for cruise ships and 84 ships now have massive Covid outbreaks.

The XL Center was packed. Everyone knew the risk and took the risk. That’s how it should be.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why?
Given the state's Covid numbers, It seems like UConn is trying to be proactive to keep people as safe and healthy as possible when showing up to an indoor event with 10-15,000 screaming people, at least that's what I got out of reading quickly through that article. If that is what they come up with, then Im fine with that.

Reaction Score
Good! About time! No reason why anyone without a legit reason is not vaccinated at this point!
Except those who had covid and recovered (per the cdc)

posted for a second time replying to this comment

Reaction Score
And it seems to be working so well in those areas. :confused:
Why?
For example, deaths per 100k in NYC has been quite low for quite some time - hovering around 0.2 per 100k 7-day average for the last six months or so despite Delta, ~1/3 of the average rate of the rest of the country.
vaccine-mandate.png

Of course, we have to see how badly Omicron screws this (hopefully the suspected milder disease more than offsets the immunity evasion).

Reaction Score
Given the state's Covid numbers, It seems like UConn is trying to be proactive to keep people as safe and healthy as possible when showing up to an indoor event with 10-15,000 screaming people, at least that's what I got out of reading quickly through that article. If that is what they come up with, then Im fine with that.

I'm vaxxed. I'm pro-vax. I don't even have a problem with showing my ID if I have to.

But the science is telling us that this doesn't work. NYC has had vaccine ID's in place and it has not made any difference. It has been proven that people with the vaccine can still get it and can still pass it along. The team was 100% vaccinated and boosted and it still got to them.

I just don't think it will make a difference. But what do I know...:p

Reaction Score
Proof of vaccination is required for cruise ships and 84 ships now have massive Covid outbreaks.

The XL Center was packed. Everyone knew the risk and took the risk. That’s how it should be.
I understand. And, who knows? maybe nothing comes out of this because of the circus this will cause. I said in my earlier post that I do not think the capacity limit would be a good idea because there is absolutely no fair way they can put that into place.

An arena is a lot more spaced out than a cruise ship. Everyone is constantly in each others company. At the XL Center, you're not getting Covid if you are sitting in section 115 and somebody has Covid in section 102.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom