UConn Confirms; Jana Out for 23-24 Season | The Boneyard

UConn Confirms; Jana Out for 23-24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am very sorry for Jana and wish her a speedy and complete recovery. I am very disappointed for myself and other UConn fans who wanted to see a complete and healthy UConn team compete and win the National Championship.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Sux for Jana and her teammates. Stay positive and come back strong.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The two ends of the rupture will typically look like the somewhat used ends of paint brushes, and one challenge is to get them back together snugly and suture it well. You don't want voids that will fill with scar tissue which would impair the elasticity of the tendon.

Reaction Score
Rupture is def as bad as it sounds. And yes, she should be able to play the 2024-25 season. It's about 10 months to a year recovery.
Thats a reasonable estimate. Although it can be less- Cam Akers (running back LA Rams) returned to action in less than 6 months.
I was surprised to learn of the NBA players who have had Achilles injuries in recent years (Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson). Breanna Stewart had one although it wasn’t a complete rupture apparently.

Reaction Score
Thats a reasonable estimate. Although it can be less- Cam Akers (running back LA Rams) returned to action in less than 6 months.
I was surprised to learn of the NBA players who have had Achilles injuries in recent years (Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson). Breanna Stewart had one although it wasn’t a complete rupture apparently.
I thought it was a complete rupture and then she had a second partial tear a year or two later.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If the surgery is done soon, would she be able to go on the Euro trip?

Season 24-25: she might well be entering her junior year academically...or close to it.
4 years of athletic eligibilty if the NCAA grants her 6 years to complete eligibility.

Might be in the same athletic eligibilty class with Allie and Morgan [and?].

Jana: be back better than ever. Everybody rootin'/tootin' for ya.

Reaction Score
My heart breaks for Jana. I wish her the best and I still have hopes for the Uconn wbb team. I'm sure that the
other players are devastated by yet another season ending injury. I hope the team is able to recover from the shock and disappointment.
Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I ruptured my achilles when I was in my mid 30's. The operation went well and it hasn't given me any problems, whatsoever, since. Unless there's an unforseen setback in the operation or in rehab, Jana will play the following season.

Reaction Score
Jana, get better soon! We’ll all be here waiting for your return. And don’t pay any attention to the folks who think your injury has ruined UConn’s chances for a national championship. They’re just looking for a way to praise you. We all think you’re awesome, and you’ll make an already awesome team even more awesome when you come back from this.

Reaction Score
No offense to Jana but I don’t see her as the make or break piece for UConn (not yet, anyway!). I think we have more than enough capable players to cover the gap of her being out.

That being said I feel awful for her and am totally bummed out. I was really looking forward to seeing her play this year. I hope the surgery goes well and she has a smooth recovery/rehab.
Geno said she was going to have an important role in the coming season so losing this skilled 6'4" player will absolutely hurt the team.........that said if Azzi, Paige, and Aaliyah can stay healthy UConn will always have a shot at the NC......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom