UConn commits Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa of Bristol Central share special bond (Jeff Jacobs) | The Boneyard

UConn commits Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa of Bristol Central share special bond (Jeff Jacobs)

Reaction Score
Fun read..

-> They met on the baseball field. Where else would the state’s No. 2 football recruit meet the state’s No. 1 basketball recruit? “It was tee ball, AA baseball, we were like six or seven,” said Victor Rosa, Bristol Central’s senior dual-threat quarterback and athlete for all seasons. “I’ve known Donovan all my life. Baseball, basketball, always together in school. He’s literally my best friend.” “Victor grew up down the street from me,” said Donovan Clingan, Bristol Central’s basketball big man and the biggest name in Connecticut high school athletics in 2021. “We’ve always lived really close. Ever since I can remember, Victor has loved working out and wanting to play football his entire life.” <-

->Because of COVID-19, there were no CIAC basketball championships at Mohegan Sun last winter. The games stopped after the conference championships. Yet in amassing 101 points and 79 rebounds in victories over No. 4 Windsor, No. 2 Northwest Catholic and No. 1 East Catholic for the CCC title, Bristol Central deserved every bit of its final No. 1 GameTimeCT ranking and unofficial COVID state title.

With six seconds left in overtime and the Rams down by one, Rosa threw the ball high into the low post to Clingan. Triple teamed, Clingan still managed to bank in the shot. Final: Bristol Central 69, East Catholic 68. “I dipped it down to the big guy,” Rosa said. “Game-winning shot. Undefeated season.”<-

-> “This year with Donovan and his exposure, we’re playing games at the XL Center and Mohegan Sun, bigger arenas,” he said. “Coach (Tim) Barrette and Donovan are getting the job done. It’s a nice ride to be along for.” <-

-> The two talked about living together at UConn. Clingan said he has decided to live with the basketball players. Still a year away from Storrs, he says, “I can’t wait to watch them this year. They’re going to be good. And that’s all I’m going to say.” <-

Reaction Score
Nothing like Ct Kids playing at UConn . I'm Blue Blood Ct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom