UConn Commit Tyler Davis accounts for 4 TDs in Mepham's win | The Boneyard

UConn Commit Tyler Davis accounts for 4 TDs in Mepham's win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mepham 52, Westbury 18: Tyler Davis was 8-for-14 passing for 143 yards and two touchdowns and also had 23 carries for 165 yards and two touchdowns to lead Mepham (5-1) in Nassau II.

Season Stats to date
Passing ~ 48-69 690yds 9TD 3INT
Rudhing ~ 144 Attempts for 970yds 15Tds

Reaction Score
Is Davis coming in as RB? Seriously. More yards on the ground than through the air and way more attempts running the football. Wish we had more info on his passing stats (drops included). Doesn't seem the most accurate statistically speaking but he puts up huge numbers, puts points on the board and has shown the propensity to consistently lead his team to victory. I'll take 11 kids like this on both sides of the ball.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Is Davis coming in as RB? Seriously. More yards on the ground than through the air and way more attempts running the football. Wish we had more info on his passing stats (drops included). Doesn't seem the most accurate statistically speaking but he puts up huge numbers, puts points on the board and has shown the propensity to consistently lead his team to victory. I'll take 11 kids like this on both sides of the ball.
Passing Leaders

MissouriC/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
Maty Mauk6/18201.101

Games can be won without passing - ask RE and Missouri!!

In all seriousness I expect to see completely different play calling on O next year from UConn - the forward pass may be a little used tool.

Reaction Score

We have a thread going about Tyler Murphy, Davis and Shirreffs both seem to be similar type of talents.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness I expect to see completely different play calling on O next year from UConn - the forward pass may be a little used tool.

Go to the Georgia Tech style offense, they always seem to put up impressive numbers and it is fun to watch. We have the depth at RB to do it. Max could be the fullback in that style offense. That style offense can be productive even with marginal talent, just look at Navy.

Reaction Score
Passing Leaders

MissouriC/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
Maty Mauk6/18201.101

Games can be won without passing - ask RE and Missouri!!

At least enough to keep the defense honest, take a shot deep and open up the run game. That's all you need. I like TCU's offense.

Reaction Score
BNich said:

It's why the fan base needs to practice patience with Murphy. I read in some other threads he is expected to compete for job in 2015. The kid has awesome wheels we know that. Lets give him a chance to develop his passing technique before we throw him to the wolves.

Reaction Score
It's why the fan base needs to practice patience with Murphy. I read in some other threads he is expected to compete for job in 2015. The kid has awesome wheels we know that. Lets give him a chance to develop his passing technique before we throw him to the wolves.

Davis. Not throwing anyone to the wolves. My post was half heartedly kidding about him being RB.

Reaction Score
Some on this board seem to have cornered the market on jump to conclusions mats.

If that is aimed toward me you're completely wrong. I was kidding about him being a RB. Cochran was far more accurate at the HS level without the same wheels and it showed at the next level when given the opportunity. It only gets tougher the higher up you go. He's a HS senior who will be in Storrs in January which is great. He can get a jump start on the playbook, work outs, technique, teaching and training. Definitely a great move by him to get in here ASAP. It's certainly exciting to have a young leader like Davis at the QB position moving forward.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually it was a semi-joking poke at everyone who is convinced that a) one current QB on our roster is already planning his departure and b) our offense is absolutely moving towards using only dual threat qb's (and possibly run option plays exclusively).

FWIW, the best HS option QB I've ever seen live (and it isn't even close), who seldom threw the ball more than six-eight times a game back then now has a bust in Canton. I'm not saying that Davis is the next Steve Young but I do still clearly remember many experts thinking Young was crazy back then (~35 years ago) going to a pass happy (under LaVell Edwards) offense when nearly every school in the SEC, SWC and B-8 ran some form of option while half the B-10 did the same.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
At least enough to keep the defense honest, take a shot deep and open up the run game. That's all you need. I like TCU's offense.
Their QB went 6 out of 18 for 20 yards and won by 30 - the point being this is all not on Chandler 'Bing' Whitmer.
You don't need to pass to win. Good D and specials with a OL that opens running gaps.

Reaction Score
Their QB went 6 out of 18 for 20 yards and won by 30 - the point being this is all not on Chandler 'Bing' Whitmer.
You don't need to pass to win. Good D and specials with a OL that opens running gaps.
There's been running gaps for CW if you look back at some if the games...his awareness isn't there to do that consistently. ...or he's just not that type of QB (one that will run to gain yardage rather than stand in the pocket looking for an open WR)

Reaction Score

Were you watching the same game I was watching?

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Trevone Boykin26/3941010.53182.4

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Were you watching the same game I was watching?

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Trevone Boykin26/3941010.53182.4
Sorry - I was still on Missouri - point being don't need a passer to win football games

Bonehead

Reaction Score
There's been running gaps for CW if you look back at some if the games...his awareness isn't there to do that consistently. ...or he's just not that type of QB (one that will run to gain yardage rather than stand in the pocket looking for an open WR)
Where are the gaps for the RB?!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul