UConn Commit Prince Ali,won MVP at the Neosho Holiday Classic! | The Boneyard

UConn Commit Prince Ali,won MVP at the Neosho Holiday Classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yessir. He's been playing really good in limited minutes because his team has been blowing everybody out. He had 30 points yesterday and had 16 in the championship.

Reaction Score
3, did he play this well over the summer and last season? or did he seem to make a big jump in play? I have to believe one of the reasons sites may be under ranking him is because he doesn't have ideal height for a shooting guard in the NBA and some sites take into account NBA potential. Any thoughts or insights? thanks

Reaction Score
3, did he play this well over the summer and last season? or did he seem to make a big jump in play? I have to believe one of the reasons sites may be under ranking him is because he doesn't have ideal height for a shooting guard in the NBA and some sites take into account NBA potential. Any thoughts or insights? thanks

He has ideal height. He's 6'4 as a 15/16 year old Soph. If he grows 2 more inches, he has very good height for a SG.

Reaction Score
even w/o any growth alot of the SGs being drafted these days are in the 6'3"-6'5" range, and from the vids he appears to have long arms, which scouts salivate over.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Why are we talking about his NBA career? He's a husky, thats all I care about.

Reaction Score
He played very well over the summer. He played with Nike Team Florida and Florida Elite. He had a couple games over 40 this summer including one in the 60's I believe.

He really curated on to the scene at the John Lucas Camp. He did very good there and had John Lucas and many other people talking very highly about him.

As for his ranking, I believe it can only go up. Depending on how he finishes his HS season his ranking should go up. He's averaging about 20 points a game right now on about 13 shots a game as of the last time I talked to his brother about his stats. Everybody knows he's very athletic and they wanted to see how his shot is and he's been shooting pretty well. That's the main thing he's working on right now.

Currently he's 6'4" which is fine height but he's expected to be about 6'6" which is excellent size as a SG. He's a strong kid at about 190lbs. right now. And as aceboon pointed out he has a bigger wingspan than his height right now which also is very good.

Reaction Score
He has ideal height. He's 6'4 as a 15/16 year old Soph. If he grows 2 more inches, he has very good height for a SG.

I would not say that 6'4" in shoes is ideal height for a shooting guard in the NBA. It is the minimum height within which most 2 guards fall. Many people do not grow vertically after the age of 16. If he does, than that is great for him. I only brought up the NBA because some sites account for pro potential when doing top 100 lists. It is a fact that has been brought up on this board and the rankers have confirmed themselves through tweets. I was trying to figure out from 3 where he thinks Ali's current rank is based on his projected ability to play college basketball.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Prince-Ali-76402/
you can look at his official measurements. he is 6'2" without shoes. Maybe he's a little taller now, but he will have to grow several inches to be ideal height for the nba.

Reaction Score
I would not say that 6'4" in shoes is ideal height for a shooting guard in the NBA. It is the minimum height within which most 2 guards fall. Many people do not grow vertically after the age of 16. If he does, than that is great for him. I only brought up the NBA because some sites account for pro potential when doing top 100 lists. It is a fact that has been brought up on this board and the rankers have confirmed themselves through tweets. I was trying to figure out from 3 where he thinks Ali's current rank is based on his projected ability to play college basketball.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Prince-Ali-76402/
you can look at his official measurements. he is 6'2" without shoes. Maybe he's a little taller now, but he will have to grow several inches to be ideal height for the nba.

Kevin Ollie must have shrunk because Prince Ali is 2 inches taller than Ollie.

Reaction Score
@Princesmoove23: Guess I can say these past 2 weeks have been good basketball wise
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie must have shrunk because Prince Ali is 2 inches taller than Ollie.

do you have a picture other than the one where Ali is wearing a hat? it's tough to argue with actual measurements even with a good picture, but just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom