Uconn/Cincy Game time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn/Cincy Game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You are familiar with the concept of the sun I am guessing? It may only be 10 degrees warmer... but if you've sat in the stadium on a cold sunny day you may have noticed it is more comfortable on the sun side than it is on the pressbox side.

I get that some people prefer different times. That doesn't change the point.

Ah - I am familar with the concept of the sun and actually stated that in my response...
You were obviously just looking to disagree if you didnt read what I wrote 'Sure if the sun is out it may feel a little warmer,'-

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ah - I am familar with the concept of the sun and actually stated that in my response...
You were obviously just looking to disagree if you didnt read what I wrote 'Sure if the sun is out it may feel a little warmer,'-

It doesn't feel a little warmer. It's about the difference of having the opportunity to enjoy yourself versus questioning your sanity for being there.

Reaction Score
So because of the dark - got it!

Its gonna be cold at 10 am Saturday tailgating.
I would assume you are still gonna have a long drive home feeling tired and not arriving until after midnight on a night game in August...
You just want to be argumentative. I get it. You're more hardy than I.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My wife questions my sanity every game day after mid-October. Time of day has less to do with it than product on the field, in my opinion.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You just want to be argumentative. I get it. You're more hardy than I.

I am not more hardy than you - I wanted to know why - To each their own.

I just dont see the difference of tailgating this saturday at 10 am v.s 6pm except for the sun not being out. But I am thickheaded.

EDIT- one of favorite games was the USF game in the snow/sleet/freezing rain. Maybe because the wives disappeared for 3 quarters into the ladies room for the heat!

Last edited:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
My wife questions my sanity every game day after mid-October. Time of day has less to do with it than product on the field, in my opinion.

Didnt used to be that way...
:-(

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's sort of like not seeing the difference between a ride in a Ford Fiesta and a Cadillac.

Reaction Score
Didnt used to be that way...
:-(

For me it was always that way but I went to the game anyway. If it is too cold I may not last the whole game, but I'll be there at the start.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It's sort of like not seeing the difference between a ride in a Ford Fiesta and a Cadillac.

Whats this Ford Fiesta you speak of?

Reaction Score
With the 8pm kickoff I'll go with predictions of less than 500 students and 18K fans total. If we won @ Army its a different story but I just can't imagine a decent crowd coming out for this. Students will head home early for Thanksgiving rather than sticking around. I'm actually amazed that we sold 90 tickets through groupon for this game. They clearly have no idea tickets will be $5 max in the parking lot.

Reaction Score
With the 8pm kickoff I'll go with predictions of less than 500 students and 18K fans total. If we won @ Army its a different story but I just can't imagine a decent crowd coming out for this. Students will head home early for Thanksgiving rather than sticking around. I'm actually amazed that we sold 90 tickets through groupon for this game. They clearly have no idea tickets will be $5 max in the parking lot.

I think 20K will be the ceiling

Reaction Score
how many people are planning on the hockey--football double header? Would really hate to miss tailgating in the dark for 4 hours..

Bonehead

Reaction Score
lots of NyCTophobia going on.

I say that with love and care...

Reaction Score
This is the season that keeps on giving. 2-7, coming off a terrible loss to Army, and now an 8 o'clock kickoff in late November. Meh.....

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
If you don't want to tailgate in the dark or be a little cold just don't go it's pretty simple.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you don't want to tailgate in the dark or be a little cold just don't go it's pretty simple.

Oh is that a solution? Thanks
for the heads up.

Don't worry you'll see that plenty will follow your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom