Uconn/Cincy Game time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn/Cincy Game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't mind 8pm before, say, Halloween. November/December 8pms suck.

I agree with you in bad seasons like these but I am excited because now I can play double duty between the hockey and football games.

Reaction Score
I agree with you in bad seasons like these but I am excited because now I can play double duty between the hockey and football games.

I hear ya Dooley. I do like it in the respect that I can clear the yard of leaves before the game (ie get done). My concern is the guy I go with (my uncle) is elderly, and I get nervous about extreme cold with him. He's a tough dude, but he's in his late 70s.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Love this start time - will keep soccer moms from dragging their kids to game in the Dark Rent Lots and should allow for easy entrance and exit to stadium for those 'fair weather' semi-fans...

Will be there with Chili and Jack Daniels -
#Ornery
#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
Love this start time - will keep soccer moms from dragging their kids to game in the Dark Rent Lots and should allow for easy entrance and exit to stadium for those 'fair weather' semi-fans...

Will be there with Chili and Jack Daniels -
#Ornery
#HuskyUp

you want those kids there - they are the future, not us.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
you want those kids there - they are the future, not us.

They wont come if they have to park in a dark lot...or for a 2-7 team...or when the temp is below 45...yada yada yada I could keep going...

I didnt say I didnt want them - they just aint coming to this game.

Reaction Score
They wont come if they have to park in a dark lot...or for a 2-7 team...or when the temp is below 45...yada yada yada I could keep going...

I didnt say I didnt want them - they just aint coming to this game.

just wait until that December SMU game. What's the artic equivelent of tumbleweeds?

Reaction Score
Won't be 45 degrees in the second half. Doesn't mean I won't go but be prepared. Anyway lots of parking and easy egress.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Won't be 45 degrees in the second half. Doesn't mean I won't go but be prepared. Anyway lots of parking and easy egress.
6 days out, but the high on Saturday is 38 and a Low of 29. Good news? No rain. This game is easy to prepare for. Wear layers, a knit hat, and gloves and don't worry about what will or won't fit under the rain shell. D-U-N, Done.

Reaction Score
6 days out, but the high on Saturday is 38 and a Low of 29. Good news? No rain. This game is easy to prepare for. Wear layers, a knit hat, and gloves and don't worry about what will or won't fit under the rain shell. D-U-N, Done.

wool socks. Cold creeps up from the concrete through the feet, I don't care what shoes you have on unless they are platforms like Ace Frehley used to wear.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
wool socks. Cold creeps up from the concrete through the feet, I don't care what shoes you have on unless they are platforms like Ace Frehley used to wear.
They sent me back to the truck the last time I tried to wear those in.

Hand warmers in bulk at BJs warehouse, with a coupon this week!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They sent me back to the truck the last time I tried to wear those in.

Hand warmers in bulk at BJs warehouse, with a coupon this week!
'Cause you can smuggle booze in the heel and it doesn't give "security" a reason to feel you up without first paying for dinner? :eek:

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I know one guy that will be wearing pajama bottoms and sneakers....and that's it. No, that guy is not me.

Reaction Score
'Cause you can smuggle booze in the heel and it doesn't give "security" a reason to feel you up without first paying for dinner? :eek:

hell, he could supply his entire row!

122208KISS0061.jpg

Bonehead

Reaction Score
That game time sucks! We shouldn't have any 8PM games unless it's the first one of the season.

Can I ask why only the first one of the season?

My favorite time is actually 330 - night games are normally a great atmosphere.

Reaction Score

I love pre-halloween night games. They absolutely are the best. Post-halloween should be nooners, or 3:30 at the latest. That's just my perspective from a fan-comfort view.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You can get hand-warmers for your boots as well. They hold out for at least a half.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sitting in bad weather for 7-2 Minnesota and Ohio State isn't really the same thing as Cincinnati and 2-7 UConn.

It's a stupid time to play the game. Especially since it's a game ESPN sold to CBS.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Sitting in bad weather for 7-2 Minnesota and Ohio State isn't really the same thing as Cincinnati and 2-7 UConn.

It's a stupid time to play the game. Especially since it's a game ESPN sold to CBS.

Their game was at noon -

Why is it that you believe it is a stupid time to play the game - curious?

Last edited:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Because it's colder at night than it is during the day. Sorry I thought that seemed obvious.

Well I am from NE - 38 high and 28 low is pretty much the same to me - cold to me isnt bad weather -Sure if the sun is out it may feel a little warmer, but there could also be day time winds that die down at night or vice versa, but you also said that watching 7-2 Minnesota is different than 2-7 UConn so I felt there was something else in your reasoning.

I prefer the later games myself as I have kids who normally have sporting events during the day so the 330 and night games normally fit our family schedule better.

I am now able to attend those events - so to me not a stupid time at all.

:)

Reaction Score

Because in the beginning of the season it's usually warm and stays light out until nearly 9:00. I hate tailgating in the cold and dark, freezing in the stands, and a long drive home feeling tired and not arriving until after midnight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well I am from NE - 38 high and 28 low is pretty much the same to me - cold to me isnt bad weather -Sure if the sun is out it may feel a little warmer, but there could also be day time winds that die down at night or vice versa, but you also said that watching 7-2 Minnesota is different than 2-7 UConn so I felt there was something else in your reasoning.

I prefer the later games myself as I have kids who normally have sporting events during the day so the 330 and night games normally fit our family schedule better.

I am now able to attend those events - so to me not a stupid time at all.

:)

You are familiar with the concept of the sun I am guessing? It may only be 10 degrees warmer... but if you've sat in the stadium on a cold sunny day you may have noticed it is more comfortable on the sun side than it is on the pressbox side.

I get that some people prefer different times. That doesn't change the point.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Because in the beginning of the season it's usually warm and stays light out until nearly 9:00. I hate tailgating in the cold and dark, freezing in the stands, and a long drive home feeling tired and not arriving until after midnight.

So because of the dark - got it!

Its gonna be cold at 10 am Saturday tailgating.
I would assume you are still gonna have a long drive home feeling tired and not arriving until after midnight on a night game in August...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom