UConn/Cincy game thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cincy game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Remember when Edsall took a knee against South Carolina? Tubberville is like a day off from school....no class

If they stopped calling time out he would have taken the knees. It was insanity.

Reaction Score
I wasn't expecting to win this game, but it does make the missed opportunity against USF that much more frustrating. If we had beaten USF we'd be sitting at 4 and 4. Need a drink. . .

Reaction Score
This is going to be a process. We're are not going to become a good team overnight. There will be bumps in the road along the way. Today was just one of those bumps. UConn just doesn't have the talent to compete against teams like the Bearcats right now. The team is working hard and headed in the right directions. Just need to be patient. A 6 or even 7 win season is in our future.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's college football, you turnover about a quarter of your roster every year. You can become good overnight, plenty of teams have done it. We are only looking for decent right now. Part of being decent is playing correctly. If the other team is bigger, faster, stronger then there isn't a lot you can do in the bigger picture. You can only hope to pick them off on a bad day or by playing well.

Well, the other teams aren't bigger, faster, stronger and we aren't playing correctly. In fact, we are relying almost exclusively on the other team making huge mistakes and the individual efforts of a few guys. This is not a team that plays cohesively. It's also not a team playing the way winning teams win. Played perfectly that defensive scheme only loses by fewer points. You can't let guys run free like they were doing. You need your LB's to get to the ball before the runner picks up 4-5 yards and you need them to stop him before he picks up 8. You need to actually cover guys in a zone defense. You need to get the ball to your WR in a spot where it can be caught.

The rain clearly was affecting Bryant's ability to grip and throw but defense rendered that game unwinnable.

Reaction Score
There are three things that keep us from being above .500....
  1. An OLine that can't stop a Pop Warner team from collapsing the pocket.
  2. LBs who are always out of position, can't tackle, and are putrid in coverage.
  3. Safeties who couldn't cover my 96-yr old grandmother, take poor angles, and also can't tackle.
I still like that Diaco is changing the culture, and at some point it has to translate to wins, but I can live with it.....for now. BS is better then the alternatives at QB. He can win games, if given time to look down field. Any top QB, would be scared sh!tless behind this OLine. Levy sucks and he's protecting his blindside....enough said. We have skill guys who can make plays, when they can get the ball. I like our CBs. But when you get no pass rush from your front seven, they have to cover far too long and get no help from our safeties who are 30-yards from the play and can't tackle in the open field. Did anyone else see Adams run away from the Cincy RB when he broke off a long run in the second half? I swear it happened.

I lost it yesterday, when Cincy had 3 and 4, and we had Obi sitting 15-yards off of Shaq Washington in the slot. WTF???

Reaction Score
If they stopped calling time out he would have taken the knees. It was insanity.

Has anybody figured out why Bobby D took those timeouts at the end? I may have missed something, but at that point in the driving rain and the lead being what it was it seems to me you are only risking getting someone hurt extending the action like that. I understand the play till the end mantra, but it generally is more applicable in close games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has anybody figured out why Bobby D took those timeouts at the end? I may have missed something, but at that point in the driving rain and the lead being what it was it seems to me you are only risking getting someone hurt extending the action like that. I understand the play till the end mantra, but it generally is more applicable in close games.

I'm guessing he was punishing his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul