UConn @ Cincinnati (April 8 @ 6p, April 9 @ 6p & April 10 @1p) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Cincinnati (April 8 @ 6p, April 9 @ 6p & April 10 @1p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but over the years Penders really has had a questionable eye on his decision making on sending or holding runners.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones just said UConn has left TWENTY (20) left on base tonight.

Reaction Score
They weren't even playing the infield in. They were basically giving us the run, but the k comes back to bite us as usual. And now in the bottom of the inning we are coming undone. Hit batter, Toppa lost at third misplays a bunt and they are loaded with no outs. This is just typical UCONN baseball that we all have grown to know and love.

Reaction Score
And now a ground ball to Toppa easy force at the plate and he pulls the catcher off the plate. Game over. Great job Penders subbing your entire team and playing guys where they haven't played much.

Reaction Score
Serious question. How much mor time does Penders get? Year after year we seem to underachieve. Could they get a Nagy or Walker to come back and coach?

Reaction Score
And on top of that Buckley (who is hitting .350+) is riding the pine. You'd think that a team that is so desperate for offense would want production like his in the lineup

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Serious question. How much mor time does Penders get? Year after year we seem to underachieve. Could they get a Nagy or Walker to come back and coach?

Yeah sure, trash the coach when parents of commits and recruits come on here frequently. Great move. Also, the AD's office certainly doesn't share your anal obsession with miscues and will not fire a coach for substitutions and not sending runners.

You know what, Nagy and Walker would have their own screw-ups, and then you'd be calling for them to be fired. And the next guy, and the next guy...

Reaction Score
I am always amazed that we think guys who were formerly great players would make amazing coaches. Nagy and Walker are names that maybe a Penders is not but how on Gods green earth can we assume they would be an upgrade? Same thing with basketball....people call for Ray Allen to be on Ollie's staff yet he has never coached.

Penders is going to be here for awhile...I am also not sold that this team is underachieving...I know we all were dreaming about making the NCAA tournament or set that as a goal..but they weren't all that close last year and some good offensive pieces and a couple weekend starters had to be replaced.

Reaction Score
Yeah sure, trash the coach when parents of commits and recruits come on here frequently. Great move. Also, the AD's office certainly doesn't share your anal obsession with miscues and will not fire a coach for substitutions and not sending runners.

You know what, Nagy and Walker would have their own screw-ups, and then you'd be calling for them to be fired. And the next guy, and the next guy...
Geez, not trashing anyone, just thought it was a fair question.

Reaction Score
I thought the boneyard was a forum for voicing your opinion, being objective and being able to disagree or agree. My question was a fair one. I'm not saying that those guys would be any better. But does Penders just always get a pass in your book? I'm not seeing the improvement from year to year. I used to hear from you guys that we are young. When are we not young anymore? We have several seniors on this team. We seem to see the same mistakes year after year and to me that falls on the coaching. I guess we are just content with mediocrity on this board and I just want a little more. If you watched the way that game unfolded last night it made you sick to your stomach and it is a scenario that we seem to see unfold all too often.
One thing that I do know for certain is that Stairmaster will always be the first person to jump down my back anytime I question the coaches or decisions made.

Reaction Score
CfoPsjKUIAAJzPm.jpg:small

Lineup for game 2. In the past Toppa has played left field when he is in the lineup due to a weak outfield arm. Perhaps the coaching staff now prefers to keep DeRoche-Duffin in one position on defense.

Reaction Score
Looks like Sundberg is a late scratch, as Krueger just batted lead off and reached base on an error. Sundberg has been under the weather according to Chris Jones on WHUS

Reaction Score
Chris Jones says Toppa in LF, DeRoche-Duffin in RF. The posted lineup has them reversed.

Reaction Score
Huskies get two runs in the top of the 4th, lead 2-0.

Reaction Score
And what do we do best when we get a little momentum? Error, wild pitch, unearned runs

Reaction Score
Bottom of the 4th UConn gives up 1 run but gets out of a bases loaded jam. 2-1 UConn.

Reaction Score
After three smooth innings Cate had trouble with his control in the 4th. We'll see if he can reign it in in the 5th.

Reaction Score
Easy 1-2-3 5th inning for the freshman Cate. Very encouraging to see him come back like that.

Reaction Score
You're wasting your time - he'll never be convinced.
I get that it is baseball, just saying we seem to be more prone to it.

I read the other forums and apparently a lot of people don't agree with your views and apparently they must be wasting their time as well because if their views don't agree with yours you sure do pounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom