UConn charter or Commercial | The Boneyard

UConn charter or Commercial

Reaction Score
My brother is wondering how the team flew the 3000+ miles.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Charter

They left at 3 pm Sunday. The flight was delayed for some reason from a previously scheduled earlier departure time. Geno complained about it on the radio Saturday. Said something like with the cost of the flight wondered why it had to be delayed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can Williams come home on the charter?
What are their options? :oops: They can’t leave her there. They are responsible for her and her safety. What commercial airline would allow her to board their plane? Driving 3,000 miles from Eugene to Storrs is not really a viable option. At best, that’s a 3 day trip.

Who gets that assignment? Who would you have be in the close proximity of a car for with the windows up 3 days. :eek: I’d guess the low man man (coach) on the totem pole, Morgan Valley.

Double mask Christy, keep her as far away as possible from the rest of the team, and bring her home. She sits alone, two rows away from the nearest teammate. ;)

Last edited:

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
What are their options? :oops: They can’t leave her there. They are responsible for her and her safety. What commercial airline would allow her to board their plane? Driving 3,000 miles from Eugene to Storrs is not really a viable option. At best, that’s a 3 day trip.

Who gets that assignment? Who would you have be in the close proximity of a car for with the windows up 3 days. :eek: I’d guess the low man man (coach) on the totem pole, Morgan Valley.

Double mask Christy, keep her as far away as possible from the rest of the team, and bring her home. She sits alone, two rows away from the nearest teammate. ;)
So I guess your answer is yes.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
My guess is that all players are tested before traveling. CW test came up positive. Thus she stayed home.
What I dont know is do the regular beat writers travel on the charter flights. If so, they had to know CW wasnt there. Were they told not to mention it until close to game time?

I would think all players are tested on the morning of the game, too.

Carnac

Reaction Score
My guess is that all players are tested before traveling. CW test came up positive. Thus she stayed home.
What I dont know is do the regular beat writers travel on the charter flights. If so, they had to know CW wasnt there. Were they told not to mention it until close to game time?

I would think all players are tested on the morning of the game, too.
It would be interesting to find out exactly what the team protocol is when UConn goes on road trips. I found out this morning via posts in the BY. I wasn’t sure if she made the trip or not. I thought perhaps she tested positive after they arrived in Oregon.

I’d also like to know what media members if any regularly travel with the team on road trips. I’m sure the seats taken by media personnel are paid to the athletic department by SNY.

Reaction Score
So I guess your answer is yes.

They said she will stay in Oregon for the mandatory 5 day quarantine with a staff member.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I saw nothing that indicated that Williams was Covid positive. Only that she was in the "covid protocal" which could just as well mean that she was exposed to a covid positive and now had to sit out a quarantine period.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Does your brother have any more questions?

Carnac

Reaction Score
They said she will stay in Oregon for the mandatory 5 day quarantine with a staff member.
Gee, this is a road trip she’ll never forget. Stuck in a hotel room alone for 5 days. Classes for the spring semester at UConn begin tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So who is the "volunteer" staff member? An assistant equipment manager? :eek:

Reaction Score
Gee, this is a road trip she’ll never forget. Stuck in a hotel room alone for 5 days. Classes for the spring semester at UConn begin tomorrow.
I did not know that. That sucks!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The first two weeks, beginning today, are online only at UConn so at least Christyn will have something to do while she’s in quarantine

Carnac

Reaction Score
The first two weeks, beginning today, are online only at UConn so at least Christyn will have something to do while she’s in quarantine
That’s good. She won’t fall behind in her class work. Thanks for that information.

sun

Reaction Score
I saw nothing that indicated that Williams was Covid positive. Only that she was in the "covid protocal" which could just as well mean that she was exposed to a covid positive and now had to sit out a quarantine period.
AFAIK the NCAA only requires contact tracing quarantine if the player is not fully vaxed or has symptoms.
If a school has a stricter policy then that takes precedent.

I guess we'll see if she's playing before 10 days are up or not.
Geno only mentioned 5 days or whatever the time period is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom