UConn career 2 PT FG% leaders | The Boneyard

UConn career 2 PT FG% leaders

Reaction Score
Constantly hearing about Napheesa's tremendous FG% this year got me to look at the UConn records for FG%. Her remarkable 67.8 FG% for the season is the 4th best in UConn history (for 1 season with at least 2.5 FG made per game). She broke up Tamika William's amazing streak of having all of the top 4 seasons! Realizing that Napheesa takes enough 3's to lower her overall FG%, I decided to find the UConn career leaders in just 2 PT FG%. Unless this information is readily accessible somewhere else, it is not in the media guide. So just to waste my time I manually figured out the career leaders for just 2 PT FG%. It certainly was easy to figure before the 3 PT shot came about!

I used the UConn media guide and just included all the players listed who had made at least 200 career FG's (which is the number they use to determine other career leaders in %'s. There may be errors due to mistakes in the media guide, of which I found a few. None of the errors are my fault, however, as I am perfect! ;) I certainly expected to see all the big low post players at the top but I was certainly surprised by some of the top ones.

Again the UCONN CAREER LEADERS IN 2 PT FG%

705-Tamika Williams 644-Shea Ralph 628-Kara Wolters 618-Moriah Jefferson 610-Tina Charles 600-Kiah Stokes 598-Morgan Tuck 598-Stephanie Dolson 589-Maya Moore 588-Jessica Moore 580-Breanna Stewart 573-Nykesha Sales 565-Stacy Hansmeyer 563-Kelly Schumacher & Kalana Greene.

For me, Shea (before my time watching) and Moriah are the most eye openers! Also where do the current stars rank right now for their careers?

662-Napheesa 615-Gabby 597-Katie Lou 523-Kia

At their current rates the top 3 would finish ranked #2, #6 and #11, very impressive!

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph---was one of the most amazing players to ever have worn the uniform. Tough as nails, a great teammate (unless you were the Point guard). She stood just about 6 ft tall-- 20 or more pound heavier than she is today--she was Kia before there was a Kia.
She nailed the 3's. But the most memorable feature of her game is ---she was always in the scrum under the boards--against much taller posts---the shot went up---a scramble to rebound--she would come away with it most times--then right back up--the arms and hand of the opponent posts all over her and the ball and she'd go up through that --and score---Amazing.
She and Svetlana were buddies--and as such they'd take on male ball players 2 on 2 and give them a run for the money. On a xmass vacation she and Svet went to her mothers home in fla--while playing guys--returned injured--but she and Svet made up a cover story.
The Shea you see to day, while too intense, does not reflect the player she was--and that was Amazing.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph---was one of the most amazing players to ever have worn the uniform. Tough as nails, a great teammate (unless you were the Point guard). She stood just about 6 ft tall-- 20 or more pound heavier than she is today--she was Kia before there was a Kia.
She nailed the 3's. But the most memorable feature of her game is ---she was always in the scrum under the boards--against much taller posts---the shot went up---a scramble to rebound--she would come away with it most times--then right back up--the arms and hand of the opponent posts all over her and the ball and she'd go up through that --and score---Amazing.
She and Svetlana were buddies--and as such they'd take on male ball players 2 on 2 and give them a run for the money. On a xmass vacation she and Svet went to her mothers home in fla--while playing guys--returned injured--but she and Svet made up a cover story.
The Shea you see to day, while too intense, does not reflect the player she was--and that was Amazing.

All true. But what made Shea's performance even better for me was this blond ponytail that seemed to be even more bouncy than a typical ponytail. It bobbed around like a young schoolgirl's. So, unless you saw the intense look on her face, you had this innocent-looking figure frolicking up and down the court – but then she would rip an opponent's heart out. It was quite the sight. She was a joy to watch – unless you were rooting for the other team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I remember Shea mostly from her last couple of seasons. She could do it all, including running through brick walls.

Moriah was incredibly efficient. Her percentage reflects her steals that led to breakaway layups and her dribble penetration. Mo rarely missed a layup.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Neither Shea nor Moriah being that high on the list surprise me at all because they are the only two non-forward/centers on the career field goal percentages lists at #7 and 13 respectively. Moriah got to it differently but she is an 1800 member - 600/400/800 rather than 500/400/900 - she is actualy at 62/42/82 = 186. With her being career leader in assists and A/TO as well as a member of the 1800 universe and on the leader board for field goal, three point (#4), and free throw (#5 just ahead of Shea) percentage she was the most efficient guard ever in Uconn history. And she is #2 in steals as well.

I always think of Shea as more of a small forward/wing than as a guard because of her fierceness in the lane, and I hadn't remembered that she took so many threes in her career - 223 with 81 makes .363.

One of the players whose stats always surprise me a little is Sue - she is the career leader in three point percentage .459, but her overall percentage of .481 isn't that impressive and works out to a .498 two point percentage. She had a deadly pull up jumper, but I guess it was more deadly in memory than in actual fact! :eek::)

Reaction Score
All true. But what made Shea's performance even better for me was this blond ponytail that seemed to be even more bouncy than a typical ponytail. It bobbed around like a young schoolgirl's. So, unless you saw the intense look on her face, you had this innocent-looking figure frolicking up and down the court – but then she would rip an opponent's heart out. It was quite the sight. She was a joy to watch – unless you were rooting for the other team.

Neither Shea nor Moriah being that high on the list surprise me at all because they are the only two non-forward/centers on the career field goal percentages lists at #7 and 13 respectively. Moriah got to it differently but she is an 1800 member - 600/400/800 rather than 500/400/900 - she is actualy at 62/42/82 = 186. With her being career leader in assists and A/TO as well as a member of the 1800 universe and on the leader board for field goal, three point (#4), and free throw (#5 just ahead of Shea) percentage she was the most efficient guard ever in UConn history. And she is #2 in steals as well.

I always think of Shea as more of a small forward/wing than as a guard because of her fierceness in the lane, and I hadn't remembered that she took so many threes in her career - 223 with 81 makes .363.

One of the players whose stats always surprise me a little is Sue - she is the career leader in three point percentage .459, but her overall percentage of .481 isn't that impressive and works out to a .498 two point percentage. She had a deadly pull up jumper, but I guess it was more deadly in memory than in actual fact! :eek::)

FairView---I started laughing out loud--near the end of your posting---but it was also all true.

UCMiami--AND Sue (I fell in love with that young woman)---could hit the 3 from 3/4th or 1/4th (depending your view point) (it was the longer distance) just before halftime--then with 1 second on the clock make a running jumper to win the BE title.
I saw that--attendance allowed me to change seats just before half time and get great view of both plays.
Other faucet of Sue's game---when she screwed up (made a mistake) she immediately made a play (usually a steal) to make up for it. Few others have ever done any of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom