UCONN C Rankings | The Boneyard

UCONN C Rankings

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sooo, last one. This is their UCONN career. (under consideration, those that have graduated or have already made the wall) I was going to do a poll, but it doesn't really work for ranking. (it would work for "best" - but I want to go a little deeper - you wouldn't get too many arguments for best at each position, but who's 2nd, 3rd, etc. now there might be some conversations). There might be some arguments about who is what, but that'll give us some more discussion anyway.

Just list them 1-10. I'll compile the results (assign points 10-1). We'll move on to the C's. The 5's. The Posts. Not as deep here. Here's a list to start with (wall players listed first Alphabetically, then others I thought could be considered), if you feel someone else should be in there, add them to your list. I'll give this a few days and then move on to the posts.

Tina Charles
Stefanie Dolson
Kara Walters
Heather Buck
Natalie Butler
Wilnett Crocket
Brittany Hunter
Kaili McLaren
Jessica Moore
Christine Rigby
Paige Sauer
Kelly Schumaker
Liz Sherwood
Kiah Stokes

And to reiterate, anyone else you think belongs here. Have at it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
  1. Tina Charles
  2. Kara Walters
  3. Stefanie Dolson
  4. Jessica Moore
  5. Kiah Stokes
  6. Paige Sauer
  7. Wilnett Crocket
  8. Kelly Schumaker
  9. Brittany Hunter
  10. Kaili McLaren

Reaction Score
1. Tina Charles was questionable freshman & sophomore but blossomed her junior & senior years and is now one of the top 3 centers in the world
2. Stefanie Dolson was too large to really make a difference till she she had a radical life/health change and really took off
3. Kara Wolters at the time she played she dominated both offensively and defensively. One of Geno's & CD's biggest success stories. She says her era/time was perfect for her ability if she played today she would be coming off the bench in the last crew, the game has quickened up athletically so much
4. Jessica Moore after red-shirting her freshman year she was a girlie-girl that was a fierce competitor shown in the FF vs TN when she had a ACL tear and continued to play awesome and had a major share in victory
5. Kelly Schumacher played better than people thought she would had record 9 blocks vs TN in Championship game
6. Kiah Stokes defensively could hang with anyone but offensively challenged till she went to the WNBA
7. Wilnett Crocket had an on and off career but played the game of her life vs TX in FF
8. Natalie Butler some injuries especially her thumb held her back from showing what she really could do. Showed what she could do at James Madison
9. Paige Sauer big heart but limited athletically
10. Kaili McLaren her size was holding her back from really big things
11. Heather Buck never quite reached her HS reputation
12. Brittany Hunter great talent in HS but destroyed knee at Duke made her a shell of her former self
13. Christine Rigby challenged athletically but had her greatest game in Senior Night 16 point performance
14. Liz Sherwood only lasted 1 year at UCONN then transfered to Vandy where she didn't have to get in shape, and had an average career

Reaction Score
Kara Wolters- let's spell her name correctly even with the auto correct function; I have her over Tina because her four years were better than Tina's great last two.
Tina
Steph
Jessica
Kiah
Kelly
Paige
Willnet

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sooo, last one. This is their UCONN career. (under consideration, those that have graduated or have already made the wall) I was going to do a poll, but it doesn't really work for ranking. (it would work for "best" - but I want to go a little deeper - you wouldn't get too many arguments for best at each position, but who's 2nd, 3rd, etc. now there might be some conversations). There might be some arguments about who is what, but that'll give us some more discussion anyway.

Just list them 1-10. I'll compile the results (assign points 10-1). We'll move on to the C's. The 5's. The Posts. Not as deep here. Here's a list to start with (wall players listed first Alphabetically, then others I thought could be considered), if you feel someone else should be in there, add them to your list. I'll give this a few days and then move on to the posts.

Kaili McLaren
Christine Rigby
Liz Sherwood

And to reiterate, anyone else you think belongs here. Have at it.

Charles-easy pick
Wolters-became a very good player her last 3 years
Dolson-very good player who made huge strides
Moore-strong role player on 3 title teams
Schumacher-was outstanding in the 2000 title game in 2001 semis. Underrated player
Stokes-was overshadowed during an era where UCONN was at its peak in terms of talent, but easily one of the best defensive posts in program history
Sauer-solid contributor before losing her spot to Schumacher
Hunter-had flashes of being very good despite the injuries (had a great showing against Tennessee in 2007)
Crockett-good serviceable player. No flash and sizzle but did the job.
McLaren-nice role player for UCONN

Reaction Score
1. Tina Charles
2. Kara Walters (virtual tie with Tina, but I don't believe in ties, s0...)
3. Stefanie Dolson
4. Kelly Schumaker
5. Jessica Moore
6. Wilnett Crocket
7. Brittany Hunter (this low only because she was disabled for her entire short UConn career – Super talent!)
8. Kiah Stokes
9. Kaili McLaren
10. Paige Sauer
11. Christine Rigby
12. Heather Buck
13. Natalie Butler
14. Liz Sherwood

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
  1. Tina Charles - Easy and no brainer. One of the all time greats at UCONN and beat out Maya for NPOY honors her senior season
  2. Kara Wolters - Also NPOY after Lobo left, but Charles was better
  3. Dolson - started transforming her body in her freshman year and only got better
  4. Moore
  5. Stokes
  6. Schuey
  7. Crockett
  8. Hunter (she was great she was healthy)
  9. McLaren
  10. Butler
  11. Sauer
  12. Buck
  13. Rigby
  14. Sherwood
I think that's about it. The top 4-5 are easy but it starts getting difficult to separate after that down to about Butler...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well not getting much mileage out of this one. But I'll give it one more day.

You'd think people would prefer/like to talk about UCONN WBB on this board.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well not getting much mileage out of this one. But I'll give it one more day.

You'd think people would prefer/like to talk about UCONN WBB on this board.
Nope. Apparently they would rather take quizzes and post songs about moms or other such fluff... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
1. Tina Charles was questionable freshman & sophomore but blossomed her junior & senior years and is now one of the top 3 centers in the world
2. Stefanie Dolson was too large to really make a difference till she she had a radical life/health change and really took off
3. Kara Wolters at the time she played she dominated both offensively and defensively. One of Geno's & CD's biggest success stories. She says her era/time was perfect for her ability if she played today she would be coming off the bench in the last crew, the game has quickened up athletically so much
4. Jessica Moore after red-shirting her freshman year she was a girlie-girl that was a fierce competitor shown in the FF vs TN when she had a ACL tear and continued to play awesome and had a major share in victory
5. Kelly Schumacher played better than people thought she would had record 9 blocks vs TN in Championship game
6. Kiah Stokes defensively could hang with anyone but offensively challenged till she went to the WNBA
7. Wilnett Crocket had an on and off career but played the game of her life vs TX in FF
8. Natalie Butler some injuries especially her thumb held her back from showing what she really could do. Showed what she could do at James Madison
9. Paige Sauer big heart but limited athletically
10. Kaili McLaren her size was holding her back from really big things
11. Heather Buck never quite reached her HS reputation
12. Brittany Hunter great talent in HS but destroyed knee at Duke made her a shell of her former self
13. Christine Rigby challenged athletically but had her greatest game in Senior Night 16 point performance
14. Liz Sherwood only lasted 1 year at UCONN then transfered to Vandy where she didn't have to get in shape, and had an average career
One minor oops on Natalie’s school. George Mason

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Tina Charles
Stefanie Dolson
Kara Walters
Brittany Hunter
Jessica Moore
Kiah Stokes
Kelly Schumaker
Wilnett Crocket
Paige Sauer
Natalie Butler
Christine Rigby
Kaili McLaren
Heather Buck
Liz Sherwood

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All right. That finalizes all the positions.

Final totals for the Centers/Posts

1. Tina Charles - 88
  2. Kara Wolters - 78
  3. Stefanie Dolson - 74
  4. Jessica Moore - 54
  5. Kelly Schumaker - 47
  6. Kiah Stokes - 47
  7. Wilnett Crockett - 31
  8. Brittany Hunter - 22
  9. Paige Sauer - 22
  10. Kaili McLaren - 12

Online statistics