UConn - Butler Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn - Butler Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe that is why Geno calls her "Ash" [besides her "burning" the opposition's defense]; don't worry about the "n's" - just take the 'W'!!! [....and don't throw shade, as Ash's pull up jump shot is deadly!]

Reaction Score
Aubrey?
Having half of the team steals [4 of 8] is some pretty excellent defense and instant offense with her "open field speed" and outstanding finish at the rim. I keep thinking she will dunk some of them soon (three times on Monday, I thought she would "THROW DOWN!"). Always thrilled for her on the fast break...

Do they keep official stats on percentage of fast break points? I would bet Aubrey would be on record pace this season if it is "a thing."

Reaction Score
Well, 1000 may be too much for that young elbow but the point is well taken. Develop muscle memory for the pull up in the mid-range game, a shot virtually lost in the mens college game. KK is open quite often for a pull up J because she is so quick in her first or second step or on a break that she gets past the defender. That's where the old high school mentality, that you can just drive in, seems to kick in with her, but it does not work at this level.

Just by an imperfect memory I would guess that a majority of her turnovers this year are due to forces, tie ups, or walks after she got by her defender on drives. All eliminated if you pull up and shoot the J. It is one of the highest % shots in the game after layups and low post ups and she is so strong she can and should shoot it several times a game. Defending a PG who drives and can pull up is a nightmare. You never know what is going to happen. It will also help her 3 game because it won't just be 3 or drive and the defender will have to leave space to not get beat on the dribble pull up moves.

Reaction Score
No. CD played Ines and she did well. As soon as Geno returned, she got very little playing time. If she can't get playing time when the team is up by 28 with four minutes to play, why is she on the team? When UConn needed a backup guard she gave up a chance to go to a school where she would probably get a chance to start. If she is playing well in practice, why not give her more minutes than she is getting in blowout games, at least five minutes?

If all they blew was 2 or 3 calls, then they called a really good game. Think of how many calls were made. It was probably more than two or three. Kantner can't call a game with only 2 or 3 bad calls.
It's the holiday season I was being charitable!

Reaction Score
One good game? Even though Ashlynn is 6th on the team in minutes played she has:

8.2 points per game (5th on team)
Is 2nd in 3 point attempts, tied for 3rd in three pointers made
Has 11 assists and only 6 turnovers, 1.83 A:TO
Only 11 fouls in 10 games

The ball doesn’t get stuck in her hand and she doesn’t need much time at all to set her feet. That pull up j was apparent early on and it’s a weapon that this team desperately needs. The kid has the mindset of a shooter - misses don’t seem to bother her - something that’s remarkable in a freshman.

View attachment 94290
Ash was 2 for 12 (16.7%) in the first five games she played from beyond the arc mainly coming off the bench; 11 for 28 (just under 40%) since she has been starting.

Having Geno's confidence is an extreme confidence booster. Excellent response for a Freshman, as most Freshmen do not start consistently for Geno, and we have two of them this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom