UConn bumped to 4th in the rankings. | The Boneyard

UConn bumped to 4th in the rankings.

Reaction Score
The article on ESPN mentions the "Game of the Week" and it's Michigan State and Michigan I think. No mention of UConn and DePaul.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Horror Omg GIF by Justin

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The article on ESPN mentions the "Game of the Week" and it's Michigan State and Michigan I think. No mention of UConn and DePaul.
probable 30 point blowouts probably do not help but on the bright side, we are team of the week

Team of the week: UConn

UConn's goal headed into its game last Tuesday at Villanova was to see how much progress the Huskies had made defensively. Going against a scorer the caliber of Maddy Siegrist of previously undefeated Villanova was a good test. The Huskies held Siegrist to 15 points on 6-of-22 shooting in a 90-52 victory. UConn shot 54.7% from the field while holding Villanova to 29%.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ranking only matters for tournament seedings. But you still have to win six games no matter what your seeding. If you are looking for an artificially high ranking to get easier opponents, well. When I was involved with tournaments, I wanted play the best teams, just for the opportunity to beat them. Why count on someone else to beat them?

I believe Geno thinks the same way.

Reaction Score
I’m not even a UConn fan, but I’m struggling to see how any voter doesn’t see the Huskies as the best team in the country right now. You could maybe make a case for Stanford or Louisville, but does the panel really think UConn would lose a head-to-head with either squad?

I don’t mean to undercut NS State given their tremendous season early on, but I do not believe the Wolfpack could beat UConn.

Reaction Score
I’m not even a UConn fan, but I’m struggling to see how any voter doesn’t see the Huskies as the best team in the country right now. You could maybe make a case for Stanford or Louisville, but does the panel really think UConn would lose a head-to-head with either squad?

I don’t mean to undercut NS State given their tremendous season early on, but I do not believe the Wolfpack could beat UConn.
Yes, they do think that, that's why we're 4th.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Because they can't show it, if UConn would have stayed in the AAC ESPN would have been hyping this game for the last week. I bet they will be they will be hyping the UConn - Baylor game like crazy during the Michigan at Northwestern game on Sunday

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wasn't NCST on the verge of losing to BC? I saw a portion of that game, and NCST did not win any eye tests there.... apologies if that wasn't actually NCST, I'm just replying without looking back at box scores.
Won at BC by 6 points, 75 - 69, and yes they didn't pass the eye test.

Reaction Score
. . . When I was involved with tournaments, I wanted play the best teams, just for the opportunity to beat them. Why count on someone else to beat them? . . .

I want our girls to win tournaments. If Stanford, Louisville, or South Carolina get knocked off
before getting to play us, I'm all for it.

Our 2013 championship was greatly aided by Louisville knocking off a Baylor team that had
beaten us during the regular season.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Ranking only matters for tournament seedings. But you still have to win six games no matter what your seeding. If you are looking for an artificially high ranking to get easier opponents, well. When I was involved with tournaments, I wanted play the best teams, just for the opportunity to beat them. Why count on someone else to beat them?

I believe Geno thinks the same way.
I'll bet on May 31, 2013 (30th?) Geno was thrilled to see Louisville upset Baylor. Very sure facing Griner was not what he wanted.

Reaction Score
Just based on recaps alone I would rank the Huskies #1. It's understandable that some would put Stanford ahead of them but I think UConn would win a head to head match up.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey folks We number 1. I dont care what the polls say. I dont care if we loose a game. We're number 1. We will beat DePaul and Baylor do the pollsters make us number 1? We are number 1. Does NC State LVille Stanford (who we dont play) scare you. Im sure we scare then. Enuff said

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'll bet on May 31, 2013 (30th?) Geno was thrilled to see Louisville upset Baylor. Very sure facing Griner was not what he wanted.

I am sure Stewie would have handled that challenge just fine. She went from personally giftwrapping the season game to Baylor to being the most dominant player in the tournament and FF. She would have forced BG out of position and drilled shot after shot. Flashbacks to Tina Charles doing a number on BG

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not impressed by NC State. UConn would beat them by 20 if they played today. There's always a team from the power conferences that starts out hot, then falters as the season progresses. Oregon State did that last year.

I know NC State isn't a generational team with a generational player... but based on what? UConn's victories over Umass-Lowell, Xavier and Villanova??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No worries. Beat DePaul and Baylor and the haters will have no choice but to make us #1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No worries. Beat DePaul and Baylor and the haters will have no choice but to make us #1.

Not really.... If Stanford wins its next 3.... vs. #6 Arizona, Arizona State, and #8 Oregon..... Connecticut could beat Depaul and Baylor by a combined 158 points.... and they wouldn't drop Stanford out of the #1 slot.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just curious...but how does beating lower ranked teams propel us higher (if none of these higher ranked teams lose)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom