UConn @ Brown - Saturday 2/3/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Brown - Saturday 2/3/18

Reaction Score
Not if they finish 5th, though.
Yeah...didn’t look at it like that cause They will need a lot of help to do that....but if they finish 5th they get bye then play at 4.

Reaction Score
Didn't get much help in the standings unfortunately. Maine and Providence didn't come through for us tonight.

You would want Maine to lose MC which they did. 3-2 in OT.

Maine has 21
UConn 19

If Maine won, they woulda had 23.

I want home ice as much as anyone else, but let's get as high in the standings as we can.

5th would suck. But it would be 4 vs 5 with 4th having home ice

Reaction Score
You would want Maine to lose MC which they did. 3-2 in OT.

Maine has 21
UConn 19

If Maine won, they woulda had 23.

I want home ice as much as anyone else, but let's get as high in the standings as we can.

5th would suck. But it would be 4 vs 5 with 4th having home ice
Also gives them a break in case anyone gets banged up down the stretch.

Reaction Score
The teams right in front of UConn in the standings, UML in 6th, and Maine in 5th, have both played 3 less games than UConn. It's going to be tough for UConn to move up much in the standings at this point.

Reaction Score
The teams right in front of UConn in the standings, UML in 6th, and Maine in 5th, have both played 3 less games than UConn. It's going to be tough for UConn to move up much in the standings at this point.

I hear ya, but Maine has BC 3x more times the rest of the season.

UML has PC 2x and 1 BC.

Should be interesting

Reaction Score
I'm just leery of Merrimack because they own the tie-breaker with us, but you're probably right CT.

Reaction Score
This team is actually playing hockey now. About time.

Reaction Score
Getting up to 5 is going to be tough, especially with only three games left and most teams having two or three games in hand on UConn. 7 is actually not a bad spot as the opening round would be against one of UMass, Merrimack, or Vermont who are all very bad. If you get by them there's a good chance you run into BC as the two seed 2 who is sliding backwards into the playoffs, which would be a good matchup. PC or NU would both be bad draws in the QFs for UConn and BU or Maine could go either way.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Getting up to 5 is going to be tough, especially with only three games left and most teams having two or three games in hand on UConn. 7 is actually not a bad spot as the opening round would be against one of UMass, Merrimack, or Vermont who are all very bad. If you get by them there's a good chance you run into BC as the two seed 2 who is sliding backwards into the playoffs, which would be a good matchup. PC or NU would both be bad draws in the QFs for UConn and BU or Maine could go either way.

I would like to win 1 (one) postseason game for the first time in the Hockey East Playoffs.

That's my goal.

One win.

Give me the hope and nerves of a Saturday and a Sunday. Win once.

Reaction Score
They just have to focus ahead on league games and take care of their business. That happens...there will definitely be post season games at the XL Center...
Can't get over-enthused just yet. Everyone else has two or three games in hand. But I agree, they just gotta keep their heads down and keep grinding out good performances. Let the standings take care of themselves and don't worry about it. Just play their game.

Reaction Score
I would like to win 1 (one) postseason game for the first time in the Hockey East Playoffs.

That's my goal.

One win.

Give me the hope and nerves of a Saturday and a Sunday. Win once.
Hey why not, we beat PC and NEU for the first time, let’s dream big win a 1st round HE playoff series.

Reaction Score
I like that site too. But I am not sure how they are calculating their percentages -- probably because I did not take the time to figure it out.

But here is my take. If UConn gets 3 points out of the next three games they will almost CERTAINLY end up alone in 7th. For this not to happen UNH or UVM would have to take 8 points out of their next 6 games. In other words, 75% of the remaining points available to them. That ain't gonna happen. I assess UConn's chances of taking 3 points as about 50%, slightly above their current record because they are playing pretty well during this stretch drive. Perhaps a loss at NE, a tie against BU, and a win against UMA.

Now, if they only get 2 points in the last three games, either UNH or UVM would have to take only 7 out of twelve points to tie UConn. That is a lot more probable but still unlikely.

The chances of moving up to 6th? Almost nill.

So there we have it. Seventh place is a lot more likely than any other scenario.

Reaction Score
Yes, and so not to offend the woof gods, I will restate the obvious. UConn has proved time and again that it is possible to take only 1 or 0 points away from three games. Doing that may not be probable at this time, but it is still significantly possible as has been proved time and again. Those outcomes would represent stark failure, unless half the team came down with the flu or something (knock on wood). I assume that practices this time of year are sufficiently light to guard against that possibility, but you never know.

Reaction Score
Even if they go 0-3, according to website, they would still have 46% chance to get 8th.

Still home ice

Unlike other teams in HE, UConn and it's fans aren't "above" the 1st round.

Hardly anyone shows up in the 1st round for other teams. They think it's below them and don't show.

UConn led HE for the Vermont series in terms of attendance. Most teams had avg <2000.

UConn had 4-5k avg for the 1st round.

Hopefully more show up this year if they get home ice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Look at it this way - if UNH and Vermont - two teams that are 5-9 in conference play .500 the rest of the way, they will get 20 points. UConn would need only 1 pt to hit 20 and 2 pts to go over that. And UConn finishes against last-place UMass at home.

So to me the only way we don't get 8th is if UNH and VT suddenly turn it on and we don't at the very least close out the season with a win at home against the last place team in the HE. And I'm being kind in that i'm not giving UConn a pt in their next two games (which they very well may not but who knows).

So I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Reaction Score
As long as a first round matchup with Vermont is avoided, I will be happy.

Reaction Score
Yes, and so not to offend the woof gods, I will restate the obvious. UConn has proved time and again that it is possible to take only 1 or 0 points away from three games. Doing that may not be probable at this time, but it is still significantly possible as has been proved time and again. Those outcomes would represent stark failure, unless half the team came down with the flu or something (knock on wood). I assume that practices this time of year are sufficiently light to guard against that possibility, but you never know.
I can only imagine the nastiness and semi-melt down Nick Papageorgio went into on USCHO the other night after the BC game. I do know he likes to troll here because he has made some comments about what is posted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom