Uconn Bowl Prediction Vs Tenn | The Boneyard

Uconn Bowl Prediction Vs Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I highly doubt this, Uconn has to win their next 4 games to even think about going to a bowl. 6-6 won't cut it this year. I'm not saying it won't happen, just saying there's a lot of work to be done before we even start thinking of going to a bowl.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I highly doubt this, Uconn has to win their next 4 games to even think about going to a bowl. 6-6 won't cut it this year. I'm not saying it won't happen, just saying there's a lot of work to be done before we even start thinking of going to a bowl.
3 games left.

Reaction Score
one at a time guys for now im gonna enjoy this win over the Orange

Reaction Score

What makes you think that? there are plenty of 6-6 teams that play in bowl games every year. 6-6 would put us at 4-3 in the conference with 5 or 6 bowl games with BE tie-ins that probably should get us into a bowl.

Reaction Score
we win out the best we get is probably the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium... my two cents... we win 2 out 3 we probably don't even get that...

Reaction Score
making a bowl game would be extremely beneficial. it would give the team an extra month of practice to get used to the new systems & hopefully carry that into next season.

Reaction Score
At 6-6 we may have to count on other leagues to not fill their bowl slots, and we get an at-large invite as a fill in. The numbers game this year could be tough. There is a better than average chance that this is the year ND will take the Champs bowl from the BE, which bumps everyone down a game. There is a realistic chance 7 BE teams get to 6 wins or better (sorry Pitt, not really). Navy not being bowl eligible could help too.

Gotta hope Cuse spits the bit down the stretch, Pitt only beats SU the rest of the way, and USF only beats Miami the rest of the way. That gives the BE 5 bowl eligible teams, and will more than likely put us in either St pete or the Bronx.

If I had to call it today, based on what I think will actually happen:
BCS is Cinci
ND to Champs
WVU to Charlotte
UL to B'ham
Rutgers to Pinstripe
USF to St. Pete
Cuse and UConn at large (I do think we'll finish 6-6).

Reaction Score
UConn at large???? Not so fast my friend. If Cincy loses to WVU this Saturday---- and we win out (giving us the tiebreak head to head wins over Louisville Rutgers and Cincy)-----only WVU or Pitt, by also winning out, can replace us in The BCS. And since they play each other, only one of them could prevail. We have a much better than average chance of going to the Orange Bowl. Yes we need to win them all and get a little help, but we are as close to the Orange Bowl as we are to missing it all.

Reaction Score
It sure would help the BE if SMU beats Navy this Saturday to open up the Military Bowl in DC. I'll be keeping an eye on that score.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
we win out the best we get is probably the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium... my two cents... we win 2 out 3 we probably don't even get that...

This would qualify as an excellent season, IMO (given what PP has had to work with offensively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom