UConn blue collar - Kelly Faris | The Boneyard

UConn blue collar - Kelly Faris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If anyone wants an example of UConn blue collar work ethic, tell them to watch the defensive effort in this whole game, but especially the second half when Faris was guarding Chiney. Kelly gave up 4 inches, but you'd never know it by watching them battle. Classic example of doing things that aren't in the boxscore.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
#1 rule in defense. Control the legs and you control the battle. Kelly is the perfect example of someone who understands this.

Reaction Score
If anyone wants an example of UConn blue collar work ethic, tell them to watch the defensive effort in this whole game, but especially the second half when Faris was guarding Chiney. Kelly gave up 4 inches, but you'd never know it by watching them battle. Classic example of doing things that aren't in the boxscore.
True, outstanding defense.
But she had several open looks even lay ups and can't score - sad. I had hoped she could change that a little this year, becom more of a complete player.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The radio announcers and CD raved about Kelly's effort all over the court.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Watching Kelly on defense is like watching a cutting horse work a calf; she anticipates the opponent's movements and cuts them off better than anyone else I have seen, with the possible exception of Ashley Battle.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
True, outstanding defense.
But she had several open looks even lay ups and can't score - sad. I had hoped she could change that a little this year, becom more of a complete player.

It was a great game won on the back of the defensive effort. This team is going far this year!

Reaction Score
Completely shut Chiney down. My only wish, and it is probably not realistic, is that she'd finally gain some confidence in her shooting...would love to see 8-10 ppg from her, I'm convinced it's all about confidence. When KML and Brea jack it up, one gets the sense that they're shocked if it doesn't fall, while Kelly would be pleasantly surprised if it did....but such a great player in every other respect, it's hard to quibble.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As I posted in another thread, I was at the game and focused just on Kelly on some Stanford possessions. Her effort was outstanding and there were time she came off the court just exhausted. Think about what it would be like to wrestle for 30+ minutes with someone who is 6-3 and all arms and legs. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Tremendous effort by Kelly. I know her teammates and coaches appreciate her contribution to last night's win.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

So, do we put Kelly on Griner??

Reaction Score

No, we put The Golem on Griner.

220px-Golem_by_Philippe_Semeria.jpg

Reaction Score
Hate to

I am guessing that Kelly will be helping Stef when they double on Griner. Who else from the staters would you have do it, Tiff? So the answer to your question is--Yes they will put Kelly on Giner!

Reaction Score
Hate to

I am guessing that Kelly will be helping Stef when they double on Griner. Who else from the staters would you have do it, Tiff? So the answer to your question is--Yes they will put Kelly on Giner!

Kelly plays as an undersized 4.

The 4 spots usually doubles down to help the 5.

Whoever is playing the 4 spot will double down to help Stef.

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
Kelly was all over the court and was banging bodies and today she is in the hot tub..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom