UConn blue blood status | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn blue blood status

Reaction Score
When it comes to the talks of whether a school is blue blood, the past narratives have mainly been, can the program sustain success (final 4 or winning NC of course) thru coaching changes over an extended period of time.

Now ponder this: if our Huskies continues this upward trajectory under the helm of Hurley and it’s not too far fetched that we would soon win the chip. When that happens, despite being in the purgatory of conference realignment, UConn has accomplished winning national champs not only with different coaches (JC, KO, DH), but also in different conferences (BE, AAC, NBE)!!! We would be the bluest of blue bloods.

Chills!

Would moderators please file away this post when it's time to talk about the next hanging.

Reaction Score
I don’t really care about the blue blood thing. The core 4 (Duke, UNC, UK, KU) will never let anyone into their stupid imaginary club no matter how many titles you have because you weren’t winning in the 1940’s lmao. We own Duke and UK. They’re terrified of seeing #1 ranked UConn. We will continue to make their lives miserable in March. That, to me, is better than their precious blue blood club.

Reaction Score
he's ranked 20th, great for us, nowhere near one and done lock status

doesn't Hurley talk about kids who want to stick around and work? he talks about "family"

he's not Squid
Stephon Castle and the staff have all been very open about the plan being one and done for him.

I'm not saying we're ever going to have a Kentucky like team filled with them, but if we keep playing like this we'll absolutely be in the position to bring in 1 or 2 every once in a while

Reaction Score
Why does anyone care about this?
Deciding what to care about in college basketball (or sports, generally) is like peeling the classic onion. By the time you peel away everything there is no reason to care about, there is nothing left. You are holding a handful of air.

Reaction Score
They would have won championships in the 90's, 00's, 10's and 20's. Not sure how many schools have won championships in four decades or four consecutive decades. Short answer is not many since not many have won 4 or more titles.
That is a cool little thing. Only a few schools have an active streak (i.e. won in the 2000s and 2010s.)

4 straight decades (& streak is alive)
North Carolina
: 1982, 1993, 2005 (2009), 2017. They came very close to making it five decades in a row.

3 straight decades (& streak is alive)
Duke
: 1991 (1992), 2001, 2010 (2015)
UConn: 1999, 2006, 2011 (2014)

Other Notable Programs

Kentucky only had a streak of two once (1940s and 1950s). There's been at least a decade between sets of title runs outside of that (of course they did the 1996, 1998). They get to if you give them the Helms title (lol)

UCLA was 1960s and 1970s as a back to back decade, but one stray 1995 ( :mad: ) title is all the rest.

Indiana did have 1940s and 1950s, and then 1970s and 1980s.

Kansas has never won titles in connected decades. Not even if you count Helms.

Reaction Score
Stephon Castle and the staff have all been very open about the plan being one and done for him.

I'm not saying we're ever going to have a Kentucky like team filled with them, but if we keep playing like this we'll absolutely be in the position to bring in 1 or 2 every once in a while
The number of players who come into college thinking that the NBA is going to be all over them after one year is far greater than the number of players who the NBA actually wants after one year. Hopefully Castle is so good that his view of how quickly he will be gone is accurate, but time will tell.

Reaction Score
We're not blue blood, we're never going to be blue blood, I don't want to be blue blood, that's a media coined expression for programs that were best a long time ago. And I can't disrespect the media more than I do

WE'RE BLUE COLLAR

I don't want their overhyped one and done players

I hate this scrappy "little engine that could" stuff. My sense is this is just an excuse to remind everyone how much you hate the media.

Reaction Score
I don’t really care about the blue blood thing. The core 4 (Duke, UNC, UK, KU) will never let anyone into their stupid imaginary club no matter how many titles you have because you weren’t winning in the 1940’s lmao. We own Duke and UK. They’re terrified of seeing #1 ranked UConn. We will continue to make their lives miserable in March. That, to me, is better than their precious blue blood club.
Still blows me away that Michigan State is in the annual Champions Classic and we, with twice as many titles, are not.

Reaction Score
Still blows me away that Michigan State is in the annual Champions Classic and we, with twice as many titles, are not.
They are only there because their AD created the event. Honestly it was fantastic marketing by them

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Can we create a category for "National Flag Blue" bloods? Party of one.

Reaction Score
Overall I like to thi
Which 5 stars or 1/done have we rejected?
Not sure that we have rejected any 5-Stars, I was speaking in a philosophical manner regarding the culture of the UConn program. Anyone standing near the hot stove regarding recruiting?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I hate this scrappy "little engine that could" stuff. My sense is this is just an excuse to remind everyone how much you hate the media.
Oh boo hoo. Just act like the man that you are and leave some more dislikes. That's impressive

Now, as far as your silly take, I never play the underdog. I love rockfights. Hence I love the blue collar narrative

Don't care much what silly men think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom