UConn, Big East Champions x 7 | The Boneyard

UConn, Big East Champions x 7

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
12:00 Monday espn2....NCAA baseball show. We are in...where do we go...who do we play?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Could have labelled the teams.
Baseball
Softball (regular season)
Men’s Indoor Track & Field
Women’s Basketball
Women’s Indoor Track & Field
Women’s Outdoor Track & Field
Men’s Outdoor Track & Field

Additionally, UConn was BEast championship game runner up in:
  • Lacrosse
  • Volleyball
  • Women’s swimming & diving
  • Field hockey
  • Women’s ice hockey (Hockey East)
  • Men’s ice hockey (Hockey East)
  • Women’s rowing (CAA)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Baseball
Women’s Basketball

Additionally, UConn was BEast championship game runner up in lacrosse, volleyball, women’s rowing (CAA championship), women’s swimming & diving, field hockey, women’s ice hockey (Hockey East), and men’s ice hockey.
Thanks, Nan. When I went to UConn, there were NO Women's teams! Man, am I old.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Baseball
Women’s Basketball

Additionally, UConn was BEast championship game runner up in lacrosse, volleyball, women’s rowing (CAA championship), women’s swimming & diving, field hockey, women’s ice hockey (Hockey East), and men’s ice hockey.
And won the inaugural D2 polo national championship.

1653913564286.jpeg

Not a bad year so far.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Same here. When I was in high school and college,
all the athletic teams were boys/men’s teams. Women’s softball, track, basketball, etc. was still a figment of the imagination. How times have changed for the better.

I love watching women's softball and basketball. I got hooked early watching my daughter/granddaughters play. My daughter was a 3 sport athlete in high school. Those were some real good times. Never missed a game. :)

I like the Warriors in 6. ;)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will the Baseball Team Host NCAA Tournament Games?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wonder how good is this UConn baseball team. They have a great record at 46-13. However their Strength of Schedule is 185. They traveled to California this year to play eight games but only played one game against PAC 12 teams. Like the Women's Softball team they need to improve their OOC Schedule by scheduling more games against SEC and ACC teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder how good is this UConn baseball team. They have a great record at 46-13. However their Strength of Schedule is 185. They traveled to California this year to play eight games but only played one game against PAC 12 teams. Like the Women's Softball team they need to improve their OOC Schedule by scheduling more games against SEC and ACC teams.
Actually Tom Penders is good about scheduling challenging as conference games. This year, teams that are normally pretty good had a rough year. There really isn’t any way to predict that when scheduling. That said, UConn won every series but one this year. There are teams that have worse RPI numbers who were selected as at-large bids. You can has three really very solid starters, a good bull pen, solid fielding, and it has been getting the crap out of the ball.

They have a formidable opponent in Wake Forest and will likely face Maryland to get to the super regional. We will see how they do, but your suggestion that the record is nearly to the schedule is not accurate.

Reaction Score
Actually Tom Penders is good about scheduling challenging as conference games. This year, teams that are normally pretty good had a rough year. There really isn’t any way to predict that when scheduling. That said, UConn won every series but one this year. There are teams that have worse RPI numbers who were selected as at-large bids. You can has three really very solid starters, a good bull pen, solid fielding, and it has been getting the crap out of the ball.

They have a formidable opponent in Wake Forest and will likely face Maryland to get to the super regional. We will see how they do, but your suggestion that the record is nearly to the schedule is not accurate.
Agree penders always tries play a respectable schedule

Reaction Score
Didn't they have a Women's Basketball team in 1900?? Pre-1900 is REALLY OLD. I'm impressed, pleased, proud, of the UConn teams that won BE Championships and the Runner's up. Feels like the old Yankee Conf days. In the 60's I was happy that they played and I got to watch them. College sports, ah they pleasures of life!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Didn't they have a Women's Basketball team in 1900?? Pre-1900 is REALLY OLD. I'm impressed, pleased, proud, of the UConn teams that won BE Championships and the Runner's up. Feels like the old Yankee Conf days. In the 60's I was happy that they played and I got to watch them. College sports, ah they pleasures of life!!
Started in 1901. The team had its first undefeated season in 1902-1903, going 5-0.

1900-1910

• The baseball team of 1900 was aided by the construction of a new field, financed partially by the sale of season tickets (75 cents apiece).
  • Basketball - both a men's team and a women's team, got started right after the turn of the century.
  • In January 1901, a men's basketball team was formed to "test the popularity of the game." CAC defeated Willimantic High School 17-12 in its debut. The interest in the sport resulted in the formation of a varsity program for the 1901-02 season and the first varsity game was played on Thanksgiving night 1901, a 21-11 loss to the Willimantic YMCA. The team recorded a 5-5 record in its first varsity season.
  • In early 1902, women's basketball began when C.A.C. beat Willimantic High School 15-6 at a gymnasium in Grove Cottage, the women's dormitory on the Storrs campus.
  • In December of 1902, the women organized their own Athletic Association and the women's basketball team of 1902-03 was "unbeaten," winning all five games it played.

Reaction Score
Started in 1901. The team had its first undefeated season in 1902-1903, going 5-0.

1900-1910

• The baseball team of 1900 was aided by the construction of a new field, financed partially by the sale of season tickets (75 cents apiece).
  • Basketball - both a men's team and a women's team, got started right after the turn of the century.
  • In January 1901, a men's basketball team was formed to "test the popularity of the game." CAC defeated Willimantic High School 17-12 in its debut. The interest in the sport resulted in the formation of a varsity program for the 1901-02 season and the first varsity game was played on Thanksgiving night 1901, a 21-11 loss to the Willimantic YMCA. The team recorded a 5-5 record in its first varsity season.
  • In early 1902, women's basketball began when C.A.C. beat Willimantic High School 15-6 at a gymnasium in Grove Cottage, the women's dormitory on the Storrs campus.
  • In December of 1902, the women organized their own Athletic Association and the women's basketball team of 1902-03 was "unbeaten," winning all five games it played.
Thank you for this trip down memory lane. I remember when it came out.
However, the game at Willimantic is a bit blurred in my memory.
But you made my point.. Actually wasn't Uconn an Agg school then? 1901?
Again, thank you

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Huskies blew a 5-run lead in the last three innings but managed to get one across in the ninth to beat Wake Forest 8-7. They will play the winner of the Maryland/LIU game in the winners bracket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom