UConn better not join B12 as bball only | The Boneyard

UConn better not join B12 as bball only

Reaction Score
I’ve read two articles talking about UConn as a bball only add:

Even if the B12 offered a revenue amount that would compensate for the travel, this would not be worth the cost to fans and would be an insult to the university. All sports or none.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Yeah that author has no idea what he's talking about. None of the quotes mention us as basketball only. It would be insulting to offer and we should immediately shut down any such offer. The commish has specifically mentioned adding us for all sports. Anything else is a non-starter.

Reaction Score
We'd have to know all the particulars. Is it significant more revenue, 5 or 6 FB games a year for a period of time to allow the FB program up to speed? I still think this is not really on the table.

Reaction Score
The only way you agree to something like this is if they overpay you, but that's not usually where you end up. The Big 12 wants to be the basketball conference, and they want to acquire one of the most valuable college basketball properties for pennies on the dollar. If they offer such an arrangement we better tell Yormak we ain't Gonzaga dude.

Reaction Score

Even if the B12 offered a revenue amount that would compensate for the travel, this would not be worth the cost to fans and would be an insult to the university. All sports or none.
You want the nightmare, "anything that can go bad in CR for Uconn will" scenario that we know so well ? B12 tells Uconn who has a $30mil exit fee to leave the Big East.....you come for hoops only because we're going after Gonzaga, St Johns, Nova, Georgetown as the 4, if you don't.

" The cost for UConn to leave the conference is steeper than other Big East schools because it plays football" (from the Courant 2019)
So Uconn is used as leverage again in CR. Losing hoops only has to be why this raise the BE exit fee stuff came out and is for all the other BE members, not Uconn. I pray not but..........

Reaction Score
You want the nightmare, "anything that can go bad in CR for Uconn will" scenario that we know so well ? B12 tells Uconn who has a $30mil exit fee to leave the Big East.....you come for hoops only because we're going after Gonzaga, St Johns, Nova, Georgetown as the 4, if you don't.

" The cost for UConn to leave the conference is steeper than other Big East schools because it plays football" (from the Courant 2019)
So Uconn is used as leverage again in CR. Losing hoops only has to be why this raise the BE exit fee stuff came out and is for all the other BE members, not Uconn. I pray not but..........

Valid point, but no one is trying to take those schools out of the Big East and leaving UConn there. It just won’t happen. New York has to be a major motivator in any of this and UConn is the only one that helps.

Reaction Score
Basketball only with a scheduling agreement would be fine if some other Big East schools came with us and they split the conference east/west. Protected round robin east/west and then play the west coast teams less frequently.

I find it extremely unlikely this happens because it's what the Big East schools wanted to get away from.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Basketball only with a scheduling agreement would be fine if some other Big East schools came with us and they split the conference east/west. Protected round robin east/west and then play the west coast teams less frequently.

I find it extremely unlikely this happens because it's what the Big East schools wanted to get away from.
Why do people here continue to insist on tying ourselves to Big East teams? This deal is a non-starter…having St. John’s come along doesn’t change that.

Reaction Score
Why do people here continue to insist on tying ourselves to Big East teams? This deal is a non-starter…having St. John’s come along doesn’t change that.
Probably old timers nostalgic for the good old days. By the time I was old enough to watch games the Big East conference was already falling apart, so I couldn't care less about these little s*it schools any more than I did Tulsa and East Carolina.

Reaction Score
im actually extremely nervous about leaving for Bball only. Thats a nightmare of everyone

Reaction Score
It's a silly idea brought forth by people who pull ideas from you know where and think UCONN football is garbage with zero potential. (a clueless notion for a football program that did produce when it was in a power level conference)

Ignore the Twitter trolls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Always listen to the offer before deciding, but generally agree. The Big 12 Wild have to throw a stupid amount of money at us along with a short timeframe specific plan to move us to all sports to make that worthwhile.

Reaction Score
If bball is BaseBall then I am all in, otherwise I’m not so sure. Would that include all Olympic sports? If yes, what the payday? Is there a roadmap for football?

Reaction Score
I'd rather stay in the BE if (and it's a big IF) it was BB only. However, I think the B12 will invite us and USF with Nova and Zags for BB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Personally I don't believe there is any truth to the idea that the B-12 will become a hybrid conference (Gonzaga is merely bluster the way I see it) but I'll play.

The offer (if it isn't all sports) won't be basketball only, it would be all sports except football, leaving football as an independent. If this offer were to materialize we would need the following to have it make sense for us:
  • Full payout (for sports we are participating in) from day one
  • A scheduling arrangement of two home and two road football games annually in a round robin with all B-12 members
  • Access to all bowl games (selection decided by individual bowl's committee) the B-12 has agreements with
  • A clearly defined path to full membership
With the above conditions, this absolutely should be considered. If they can't meet all conditions, I really don't se how it would make sense but I do not know all financial details.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Personally I don't believe there is any truth to the idea that the B-12 will become a hybrid conference (Gonzaga is merely bluster the way I see it) but I'll play.

The offer (if it isn't all sports) won't be basketball only, it would be all sports except football, leaving football as an independent. If this offer were to materialize we would need the following to have it make sense for us:
  • Full payout (for sports we are participating in) from day one
  • A scheduling arrangement of two home and two road football games annually in a round robin with all B-12 members
  • Access to all bowl games (selection decided by individual bowl's committee) the B-12 has agreements with
  • A clearly defined path to full membership
With the above conditions, this absolutely should be considered. If they can't meet all conditions, I really don't se how it would make sense but I do not know all financial details.

They are waiting to see the PAC deal because true hope is to get UConn, Colorado, Arizona State, or Arizona and Utah

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Has a BCS/FBS school ever been added to a conference with their football team not included? UMass/MAC or Temple/Big East or something? It’s sort of an unimaginable proposition

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom