OT: - UConn beats Maryland again | The Boneyard

OT: UConn beats Maryland again

Reaction Score
Summation: I have no clue about the full meaning of these rankings. The state of Calif has done an excellent job in keeping its public schools at the absolute top- this, despite budget issues. Wow. A cursory look at the top 20+ showed no AAC schools(?) The North-East lags well behind other regions, too.

Reaction Score
Speaking of #2Maryland, they lost to #1 UAlbany 11-10 in an awesome lacrosse game in Maryland yesterday. Albany scored 5 unanswered goals in the 4th period to win it. Unfortunately when UConn comes to Albany, UAlbany doesn’t have a home game, but if you’re a lax fan and UAlbany plays near you, try to get out to see them. Very exciting offensive team.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Summation: I have no clue about the full meaning of these rankings. The state of Calif has done an excellent job in keeping its public schools at the absolute top- this, despite budget issues. Wow. A cursory look at the top 20+ showed no AAC schools(?) The North-East lags well behind other regions, too.

In much of the country, the top colleges are the public colleges and universities. The Northeast had a long tradition of higher education before there was ever such a thing as a public university. I'm not sure I could name a top private college in some of the states whose public colleges are in this list.

That said, every time these US News rankings come out, I am left shaking my head. It is certainly possible to game the system. I don't think huge public universities do this, but the criteria obviously favor some schools of lesser quality over those of greater quality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom