OT: - UConn beats Duke, same song, different sport | The Boneyard

OT: UConn beats Duke, same song, different sport

Reaction Score
Watched the game on ESPN+…pretty well played game, actually. Both teams made several nice defensive plays. Little surprised that Duke didn’t hit more,,,they came in with a rep as a real slugging team.

Huskies play tomorrow night against OU-Oral Roberts winner(Oklahoma is up 14-0 as I type this)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wow! UConn knocked off powerful Oklahoma last night. They play at 9:00 Sunday night against
the winner of Oklahoma and Duke for a berth in the World Series. Lose that game and they would
get another shot at the winner for that berth tomorrow. It's a double elimination and so far UConn is 2-0....great
pitching and defense. They have beaten both Duke and Oklahoma...the loser of that Duke/Okie game [3:00 today]
is eliminated.

Go Huskies! Be done with it tonight! World Series a' coming?

Reaction Score
Wow! UConn knocked off powerful Oklahoma last night. They play at 9:00 Sunday night against
the winner of Oklahoma and Duke for a berth in the World Series. Lose that game and they would
get another shot at the winner for that berth tomorrow. It's a double elimination and so far UConn is 2-0....great
pitching and defense. They have beaten both Duke and Oklahoma...the loser of that Duke/Okie game [3:00 today]
is eliminated.

Go Huskies! Be done with it tonight! World Series a' coming?
UConn has to win this regional and win the super regional against the Tallahassee regional winner. Still quite a lot of work to do before earning a College Baseball World Series berth.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Amazing win.
101E0B9D-3D75-4C70-B0FB-DB7D56EC151C.jpeg
6BC2AF0D-32E3-4254-989C-141E9278FA69.jpeg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
LIUCHusky: thanks for the correction...not aware of the necessary steps. So far so good...uhh...no...so far...great!

Reaction Score
UConn baseball vs Oklahoma tonite at 9 on ESPN2, winner to the Super Regional against Florida St.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just WOW! UConn over Oklahoma 7-1 Monday night. Tremendous pitching [again].

UConn/Florida State for a berth in the World Series. Don't know times/TV etc.
I assume this will be 2 of 3?

Congratulations to the staff and team.

Just checked...the games will be at FSU's home field. Hey...beat Okie in Norman...why not at FSU?

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For perspective, UConn beat the #17 ranked team and the #8 ranked team on its home field. The Huskies have NINE transfers from Div 3 schools, including the Endicott transfer that’s shut down the #8 ranked team last night. Very impressive indeed

00E27EFB-7890-4AB9-B114-735926F128D6.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The “Penders” name is legendary throughout the state of CT and particularly in the town of Stratford where I grew up, playing HS football on Jim Penders Field, named after Jim Penders Sr, the grandfather of the current UConn baseball coach.

Jim Sr was the longtime basketball & baseball coach at Stratford HS. He was a dignified and respected individual that I was fortunate enough to know growing up. His sons, Tom & Jim Jr, were great athletes and coaches in their own right. I went to HS with his daughter, Kathy Penders who, like everyone else in the Penders family, was smart, kind and well-liked.

Obviously, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Jim Penders III carries on the incredible family tradition. It’s been an absolute joy to watch UConn Baseball take down several of the Big Name programs in the country on their way to the Super Regionals. Go Huskies!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just WOW! UConn over Oklahoma 7-1 Monday night. Tremendous pitching [again].

UConn/Florida State for a berth in the World Series. Don't know times/TV etc.
I assume this will be 2 of 3?

Congratulations to the staff and team.

Just checked...the games will be at FSU's home field. Hey...beat Okie in Norman...why not at FSU?
Tremendous defense again! Zero errors until 9th inning of final game. Some spectacular plays.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, a noon game in Florida…. The sun is brutal down here

View attachment 101278
It won’t matter much. They’re kids, in great shape, and as long as they stay hydrated it doesn’t matter whether or not you live here year round, it’s really really hot for everyone.

Reaction Score
Been trying to follow this team all season. They had an abysmal BE tournament, but they've excelled and MORE these past few days. Yesterday's game had me holding my breath all evening, but this team stepped up to the challenge big time. Also lemme just applaud the absolutely lock down defense they've been playing. That's just the UConn standard right there. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom