UCONN/BC Spread | The Boneyard

UCONN/BC Spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm seeing our boys at -9.5 right now. Indiana is also -8 over Washington.

IMO we win by 10+ and make a bit of a statement in the 2k, even if we are favored to win it.

Reaction Score
A little concerned how everyone is taking "BCU" a little lightly. Hopefully, unlike this board, our guys in the Husky uni's don't do the same. I'm afraid another BU bomb will result in the BY having many people in the ledge!

Play defense, keep people in front of you (no ole' the next 2 nights) and rebound the damn basketball and we'll be fine. If they start taking this start as if they don't need to do these things (though they did against BU) then we're in for a war! Don't underestimate a 0-3 team with some players!

Reaction Score
Totally agree mau. BCU has a couple of REALLY good players. Most preseason mags picked them in the top half of their league and a bubble NCAA Tourney team. This far from a gimme - BCU can play - they just haven't gotten off to a great start this season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU is going to come out all fired up. If we can keep from turning the ball over early and make some shots, they'll fizzle.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's not even remotely plausible that our kids are overlooking this game.

Reaction Score
Yes, this is BCU's Super Bowl, they will be motivated. But they enter the Super Bowl 1-3 and we'll be the best team they have faced.

Reaction Score
My biggest concern is their 2 guard Hanlan. He's 6'4", quick and a scorer averaging about 15 ppg last year as a Frosh. It will be interesting to see how we defend him as both Boat/Bazz will be giving up a lot of size. We may see more of Samuels and/or Kromah for stretches tonight. If that doesn't work maybe Giff for a while. If we control him and rebound we win comfortably, if we don't it will be close.

Reaction Score
BC was ACC pre season number 7 pick ahead of Maryland. This is not a sure bet. We are the favorite but we need to play a solid game to win.

caw

Reaction Score
BCs big issue is the fact they can't defend anyone yet, secondarily they are worse than UConn at rebounding (thanks Shabazz). That's not an easy fix. Of course if UConn goes cold, BC can shoot the lights out. I don't expect many blocks today, BC heaves from three. They get hot and they could win it, they haven't been blown out, but haven't won many because of their poor defense.

Reaction Score
Some numbers .

They score 81 points a game and give up 85 PPG.

Their rebound margin is a minus 10.

They shoot 36% behind the arc.

They turn it over 12 times a game.

They are excellent from the stripe at 83%.

They aver almost 3 blocks per game.

Their average home attendance is 2,596.

Reaction Score
BC has not given up less then 78 points this year, so given our offense we should score, a lot.

My biggest concern for tonight is BC's ability to shoot the 3. They live and die by it. They get hot this game could be very very tricky.

Reaction Score
This game won't be close. We'll be up 12 at halftime and 20+ by the end.

I expect the boys to be fired up playing in MSG.

Reaction Score
A little concerned how everyone is taking "BCU" a little lightly. Hopefully, unlike this board, our guys in the Husky uni's don't do the same. I'm afraid another BU bomb will result in the BY having many people in the ledge!

Play defense, keep people in front of you (no ole' the next 2 nights) and rebound the damn basketball and we'll be fine. If they start taking this start as if they don't need to do these things (though they did against BU) then we're in for a war! Don't underestimate a 0-3 team with some players!

Thank goodness this board isn't wearing the unis or we would certainly lose.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, this is BCU's Super Bowl, they will be motivated. But they enter the Super Bowl 1-3 and we'll be the best team they have faced.
It's a big game to their fans. To their team, it's just another OOC game during the season, albeit against a "local" new england team.

I posted in the conversation of the ESPN game log that I thought UCONN would win by 12-15 points. Another guy said I was looney tunes because BC is "awful". Well they lost to UMASS, who I believe is a bubble team this year, Providence in OT and Toledo. No idea what to make of them so far this season, but there have been tons of games where ranked teams have struggled, or played really close, to unranked teams and I would be very happy with a 10 point win. BC could get hot from beyond the arc and make the game close.

Of course I want to pound them and win by 20+ going away. But the reality in MCBB is that just because you are ranked and have more "talent" doesn't always mean a win. (i'm not lecturing Pal - my comments to him only was my first paragraph)...

Reaction Score
I have been terribly unproductive at work today because I cannot stop thinking about this game. FIRED UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom