UConn-BC has become just another game ... and a bad one to boot (DiMauro) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-BC has become just another game ... and a bad one to boot (DiMauro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is historically bad. One of the worst coaches ever in UConn history. Will likely finish with a lower winning percentage than Pasqualoni. I go to games to have fun and enjoy a good game. Not to watch someone's complete stupidity and ruin our rep.

Besides, the less people, the quicker Diaco goes.

Lets look at some of UConn's bad coaches:
  • Leo Hafford in 1911 lead the team to an 0 and 6 campaign. Leo died of typhoid fever 3 weeks in, so maybe we can pin that one on staff (for real - per wikipedia).
  • John Donohue was 2-14 over the 1915 and 1916 season. I think the problem with that squad is the trouble with the switch from using an 8 pound cannon ball to the leather medicine ball lead to fumbles...too slippery.
  • J.O. Christian was 3-11-1 in his first two seasons in 1933 and 1934 before finishing 1st in 1936 and again in 1937....so - yeah he did better than Diaco.
You know Butch, its not far off base at all to state Diaco is one of the worst based on winning percentage when looking at the first three seasons.
List of Connecticut Huskies football seasons - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
The only good news given the fact that this game won't appear on a single cable box is that BC can't claim they're moving any needle in their huuuuge market.

A BC- Uconn football game these days can't even move any remaining leaves off the trees.... anywhere in N.E.

Reaction Score
I think we can manage 6 points against BC. I have no idea what they will score, maybe around 20 I will guess. I'm actually glad the game is not being televised because I would spend 3 hours watching it. I feel free. Sad but free.

Reaction Score
Lets look at some of UConn's bad coaches:
  • Leo Hafford in 1911 lead the team to an 0 and 6 campaign. Leo died of typhoid fever 3 weeks in, so maybe we can pin that one on staff (for real - per wikipedia).
  • John Donohue was 2-14 over the 1915 and 1916 season. I think the problem with that squad is the trouble with the switch from using an 8 pound cannon ball to the leather medicine ball lead to fumbles...too slippery.
  • J.O. Christian was 3-11-1 in his first two seasons in 1933 and 1934 before finishing 1st in 1936 and again in 1937....so - yeah he did better than Diaco.
You know Butch, its not far off base at all to state Diaco is one of the worst based on winning percentage when looking at the first three seasons.
List of Connecticut Huskies football seasons - Wikipedia
With the right hire, the PP and Diaco eras can be forgotten, given our previous history.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Riding the bus up to Chestnut Hill by myself. I hate BC with a passion. I expect to lose my voice. I love UConn Football. We are winning this game. We have to.
That's all.
I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member