UConn-BC has become just another game ... and a bad one to boot (DiMauro) | The Boneyard

UConn-BC has become just another game ... and a bad one to boot (DiMauro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wow that was actually spot on. The only issue I had with it was his 10-7 score. That requires us to actually score a TD....I'm envisioning a score similar to the Jets - Rams.... 9-6

Reaction Score
There is no way BC doesn't put up at least 2 TD's on our defense. That's how lowly I think of our defense. Temple could have scored 5 TD's on us except for two end zone picks. To put it bluntly our defense sucks. Hopefully we find a way to come up with some big stops somehow. I'll be there, sadly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Had tickets, but decided not to take the bus up from NYC. Being at BC, seeing the ACC logos all over the place and the getting out azzes kicked to boot just wasn't appealing anymore.

@Redding Husky said it best. We've waited years for this game and now big time fans don't even want to go. What a sad state of affairs.

Reaction Score
@Redding Husky said it best. We've waited years for this game and now big time fans don't even want to go. What a sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

NO spitting match here with anyone, actually agree with most everything on this topic except big time fans don't want to go. Like many I have waited for this for years and along with what really constitute as
BIG TIME FANS will be there. Again no slander, I understand there are several levels of fandom but big time or hard core are for those that never waver regardless of the situation / of their team.
As for labeling any lesser degree of a fan it could run from only if the team is winning to fair weather...:) :confused:

Reaction Score
I won't even be watching. Dad has surgery to remove a tumor tomorrow, will be in the hospital all weekend. Thank you Diaco for not making me wish I could see this game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"NO spitting match here with anyone, actually agree with most everything on this topic except big time fans don't want to go. Like many I have waited for this for years and along with what really constitute as
BIG TIME FANS will be there. Again no slander, I understand there are several levels of fandom but big time or hard core are for those that never waver regardless of the situation / of their team.
As for labeling any lesser degree of a fan it could run from only if the team is winning to fair weather...:) :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I mean I guess I'm just not a big time fan anymore.

Had season tickets from 2005-2014 and went to Charlotte, Toronto, Birmingham and Phoenix, but at this point I'd rather just watch on TV. Not worth wasting my whole weekend anymore.

If I gotta turn my die hard card in, then so be it.

Reaction Score
@Redding Husky said it best. We've waited years for this game and now big time fans don't even want to go. What a sad state of affairs.

NO spitting match here with anyone, actually agree with most everything on this topic except big time fans don't want to go. Like many I have waited for this for years and along with what really constitute as
As for labeling any lesser degree of a fan it could run from only if the team is winning to fair weather...:) :confused:[/QUOTE]

You want a cookie Mr. Big Time fan?

Reaction Score
Do you know the difference between minor and major surgery? Minor surgery happens to someone else's Dad!
hahaha isn't that the truth! I've had more surgeries than he's ever had and never thought anything of it. Now that I'm on the other side I don't know how he dealt with it. Here's to hoping he comes out without a tumor just missing a foot of intestine lol

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is historically bad. One of the worst coaches ever in UConn history. Will likely finish with a lower winning percentage than Pasqualoni. I go to games to have fun and enjoy a good game. Not to watch someone's complete stupidity and ruin our rep.

Besides, the less people, the quicker Diaco goes.

Reaction Score
Well, despite reading all the reasons and rationalizations not to go (and I understand the angst) I'm going to the game and bringing 9 other family members. Why? For our players. For their families. For Husky nation. For payback to BC and to show that UConn football matters in New England--because it does. Competing in and winning this game will be glorious for me. And who knows-- maybe Donovan Williams will shake off his first game jitters and give an eye opening performance and I'll be there to witness it. I get it. We're struggling. Its a hassle to go. And it's tough to fathom our future. But that's the point. It's easy to support the Huskies when times are good. Bottom line there's no way I'd miss this game.
p.s. JMick good luck to your Dad!

Reaction Score
I won't even be watching. Dad has surgery to remove a tumor tomorrow, will be in the hospital all weekend. Thank you Diaco for not making me wish I could see this game.
Good luck and Godspeed, home team comes first!

Well, despite reading all the reasons and rationalizations not to go (and I understand the angst) I'm going to the game and bringing 9 other family members. Why? For our players. For their families. For Husky nation. For payback to BC and to show that UConn football matters in New England--because it does. Competing in and winning this game will be glorious for me. And who knows-- maybe Donovan Williams will shake off his first game jitters and give an eye opening performance and I'll be there to witness it. I get it. We're struggling. Its a hassle to go. And it's tough to fathom our future. But that's the point. It's easy to support the Huskies when times are good. Bottom line there's no way I'd miss this game.
I would have liked this 9 times but we are only allowed one at a time. ;)

Reaction Score

You better leave early to beat all the traffic. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The only good news given the fact that this game won't appear on a single cable box is that BC can't claim they're moving any needle in their huuuuge market. Of course some message-board jackass will claim they're using BC to build the new ACC digital network footprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom