UConn Bball - Recruiting Rundown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Bball - Recruiting Rundown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even then, it'll be Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams before him. Guard minutes are gonna be hard to come by next year.
We def need another ball handler though, Alterique is too much of a question mark, CV, BA and JB are not ball handlers, not even in a pinch

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
They’re not going to recruit a 6th guard.

I can see them picking up a grad transfer who gets absolutely panned here upon committing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even then, it'll be Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams before him. Guard minutes are gonna be hard to come by next year.

Sure, but Gaffney is the only PG of that group. If he was here and AG got hurt, he’d play.

Reaction Score
Watching Kansas game right now (Precious Achiuwa currently there on official visit) and place is ROCKING!

Not good. Can't help our recruitment of him

Reaction Score
Watching Kansas game right now (Precious Achiuwa currently there on official visit) and place is ROCKING!

Not good. Can't help our recruitment of him
It's KU K State with the league title on the line, did you think it would be quiet?

Reaction Score
I remain the only person in Husky land to want completely unranked Zane Meeks from Brewster Academy on our team. 6'9, solid, poised, deadly 3 pt shot from real deep, a BB IQ, and a 4 year complementary player without an injury history. He is just the kind of player that mid majors get and use to knock off P5 teams. I said a previous post about him would be my last. Guess I can't be trusted.

Reaction Score
I remain the only person in Husky land to want completely unranked Zane Meeks from Brewster Academy on our team. 6'9, solid, poised, deadly 3 pt shot from real deep, a BB IQ, and a 4 year complementary player without an injury history. He is just the kind of player that mid majors get and use to knock off P5 teams. I said a previous post about him would be my last. Guess I can't be trusted.

I am not sure his D/athleticism will translate night in and night out. If im thinking of the right kid

Reaction Score
I expected him to have more offers than he does right now putting up good scoring numbers at Brewster. Teams must not think there’s a place to play him defensively. I bet he reclassifies and stays another year at Brewster. He’s planning on playing AAU this spring so he’s not committing anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Trying to sift through all the threads and was hoping to condense a recruiting update into one place. Any chance Chief or another loyal boneyard member can provide an updated rundown of where UConn is at with recruiting for 2019 and who are the prime targets left in the game:

1. Precious Achiuwa
  2. Tre Mitchell
  3. Sherif Kenney
  4. Charles Coleman
  5. .?????

With Akok Akok, Jalen Gaffney, and James Bouknight already committed, I see 2 new players still to be added (at least 1 additional). In a perfect world would image that would be a big man, but not sure what is out there. Any JUCO/transfer names we've been linked to? Any info would be appreciated. Go Huskies!
What about Cliff Omoruyi? I have seen him linked to UCONN??

Reaction Score
247 favors precious to uconn, does anyone think this is realistic right now?
Not really. Could happen, but realistically why would he pick us over KU and UNC? Unless his relationship with our coaching is super strong, which it doesn't look overly strong, I can't see one reason he'd come here

Reaction Score
I saw Hunter an East Catholic play against Berlin Saturday evening. He shoots well, plays har and shows maturity and poise . He is definitely a D1 player.Not sure i he can be a high D1 player but definitely a useful guy to have on your team.

Reaction Score
I hate to sound pessimistic about that, but if you are an 18 year old kid with tremendous potential but not a sure 1 and done, it would be extremely tough to choose an unproven coach (in terms of sending players to the NBA), at a struggling program, in a mediocre league over perennial top 10 teams that send kids to the NBA every year.

Self and Williams can tell Precious "I'll use you in the offense like I used Josh Jackson/Harrison Barnes, etc". What can Hurley say as of now? Maybe we'll get lucky, but usually this stuff takes time

Reaction Score
I hate to sound pessimistic about that, but if you are an 18 year old kid with tremendous potential but not a sure 1 and done, it would be extremely tough to choose an unproven coach (in terms of sending players to the NBA), at a struggling program, in a mediocre league over perennial top 10 teams that send kids to the NBA every year.

Self and Williams can tell Precious "I'll use you in the offense like I used Josh Jackson/Harrison Barnes, etc". What can Hurley say as of now? Maybe we'll get lucky, but usually this stuff takes time

Generally you are right. But every player is different. Back to back years Western Kentucky was able to grab 5* and 4* players from ACC, SEC, and B10 programs. They play in a crappy conference with a coach that hasn’t accomplished much with them but does have some players in the NBA from other stops. Hurley emphasizes the UConn brand and so far it’s worked with the 3 4* players we have coming in. Just as important is the fact that our staff is doing a fine job of recruiting. You are 100% right usually this stuff takes time but so far so good.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Ironically both those guys, plus Nasir little all saw their stocks drop a decent amount playing for Williams

Reaction Score
247 favors precious to uconn, does anyone think this is realistic right now?
To me, that means absolutely nothing. Kofi was a "100% UConn" crystal ball prediction....went to Illinois. The other teams that 247 predicts will land Precious, other than us, are Syracuse, St. Johns, and Memphis. They don't even have UNC or Kansas in the picture. Definitely can't trust that, somethings off there.

Reaction Score
To me, that means absolutely nothing. Kofi was a "100% UConn" crystal ball prediction....went to Illinois. The other teams that 247 predicts will land Precious, other than us, are Syracuse, St. Johns, and Memphis. They don't even have UNC or Kansas in the picture. Definitely can't trust that, somethings off there.
Crystal Ball is spotty when you're a while out.. However, in my experience when the decision is nearing and you start seeing a lot of traction with the predictions they're almost always right. Something to keep an eye out for when we're close to his decision time.

Reaction Score
Are we still in on Terrance Clarke?

I asked a staff member if they knew about Meeks and he said they know about him and will see him a lot when they're watching Clarke. Sounds like they're still recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Need to get the word out on campus too. Fill up Gampel, recruits are in town. Hopefully, younger fans/UConn are students are using social media to let them know to get to the game because two big time recruits are in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom