UConn Bball - Recruiting Rundown | The Boneyard

UConn Bball - Recruiting Rundown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trying to sift through all the threads and was hoping to condense a recruiting update into one place. Any chance Chief or another loyal boneyard member can provide an updated rundown of where UConn is at with recruiting for 2019 and who are the prime targets left in the game:

1. Precious Achiuwa
  2. Tre Mitchell
  3. Sherif Kenney
  4. Charles Coleman
  5. ......?????

With Akok Akok, Jalen Gaffney, and James Bouknight already committed, I see 2 new players still to be added (at least 1 additional). In a perfect world would image that would be a big man, but not sure what is out there. Any JUCO/transfer names we've been linked to? Any info would be appreciated. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Only three current offers out for 2019 guys: Precious, Tre, and JUCO Emmanuel Ugboh.

Kenya Hunter's kid Jaylin is a potential walk-on, but he's been picking up some D1 offers (only two reported from Old Dominion and Fairfield).

More names will pop up after the season with the coaching carousel and transfers, but that's about it for now.

The Kenney/Coleman offers are from the previous staff. Haven't been associated with them in a while.

EDIT: forgot another JUCO target Khadim Sy (haven't offered yet, or at least the offer isn't reported), but @BFieldHusky has confirmed UConn is recruiting him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only three current offers out for 2019 guys: Precious, Tre, and JUCO Emmanuel Ugboh.

Kenya Hunter's kid Jaylin is a potential walk-on, but he's been picking up some D1 offers (only two reported from Old Dominion and Fairfield).

More names will pop up after the season with the coaching carousel and transfers, but that's about it for now.

The Kenney/Coleman offers are from the previous staff. Haven't been associated with them in a while.

Thought we offered Sy?

Reaction Score
How about that tall thin French guard? I know there was a thread about him on the BY.

Reaction Score
Expect them to offer Khadim Sy soon. Staff has been looking at a lot film of him and Kenya has seen him play multiple times.

Any idea what his recruitment is looking like? I am surprised we offered Emmanuel Ugboh first.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Dragan Jurivic, 6'11 big man from Serbia. Thought to be a top 50 type recruit if he played high school ball in the states. Staff heavily involved.

Excuse me if this is a joke going right over my head but I can’t find anything on this kid

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Dragan Jurivic, 6'11 big man from Serbia. Thought to be a top 50 type recruit if he played high school ball in the states. Staff heavily involved.
Is this real?
I don't see any record of anyone named Dragan Jurivic on the interwebs.

Reaction Score
Regarding Tre Mitchell; My observation. Anyone seeking to expand their list of schools this far along, after an official visit to UCONN long ago, must be considered a long shot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Idk why you felt the need to do that, but congrats on the troll.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unless something happens to Alterique.

Even then, it'll be Gaffney, Bouknight and Adams before him. Guard minutes are gonna be hard to come by next year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Expect them to offer Khadim Sy soon. Staff has been looking at a lot film of him and Kenya has seen him play multiple times.

Are you aware of any other JUCOs/transfers they might be on, even if interest is only yet lukewarm?

Who've they been to see recently?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Any idea what his recruitment is looking like? I am surprised we offered Emmanuel Ugboh first.

Well, he's massive. And we're decidedly not. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom