UConn Basketball Gameday Experience Survey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball Gameday Experience Survey

Reaction Score
Yea I mentioned concession lines but added in at the end that all I truly care about is having the best atmosphere possible
The atmosphere at Gampel needs a substantial upgrade. Some of the bleacher seats need to be replaced by chairbacks. Unfortunately that reduces the amount of seats. Not sure what can be done with the concessions, they'd need to extend the mezzanines. UConn initially wanted a bigger building.

Reaction Score
Got my pet peeve about the concessions staff at Gampel not letting you keep bottle caps out there
We always keep caps in our pockets. Tired of knocking drinks over and standing in a puddle.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
XL:
2. Get a tee shirt cannon. Throwing the tee shirts and the slingshot is a joke. Very lame.

3. Check the decibel level on the music and set so as not to cause damage to hearing. Not every game but 2 or 3 games this year the volume level was criminally loud and definitely caused hearing damage.
Post/Handle

Reaction Score
Was at the Seton Hall game. I think some people will always have something negative to say.

Reaction Score
Honest question.

Does any adult here really care about a free t shirt?
I got one of these at the Civic Center when I was a student. It was a red Citgo shirt that said UConn or CT or whatever on the front, but we were playing St. John's. Why would they ever be anything but our colors, and matching the opponents'?... I hope that level of ridiculousness isn't still happening.

Reaction Score
I got one of these at the Civic Center when I was a student. It was a red Citgo shirt that said UConn or CT or whatever on the front, but we were playing St. John's. Why would they ever be anything but our colors, and matching the opponents'?... I hope that level of ridiculousness isn't still happening.
When it contains a few autographs I certainly do - this is actually a SNET tshirt

Attachments

• 20240311_074504.jpg
    20240311_074504.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
Reaction Score
When it contains a few autographs I certainly do - this is actually a SNET tshirt
Hey, I'd keep that shirt too! But would it kill our sponsors to use our color palette?! (I think you were answering the post before mine, about adults wanting the shirts, which I was responding to. I have no problem with the shirts!)

Reaction Score
Hey, I'd keep that shirt too! But would it kill our sponsors to use our color palette?! (I think you were answering the post before mine, about adults wanting the shirts, which I was responding to. I have no problem with the shirts!)
They sell red tshirts in the Co-op.

Reaction Score
They sell red tshirts in the Co-op.
They also sell tie dye. But I would expect that if we're playing Ben and Jerry's U. our sponsors could pick a different color scheme for that day. But that's just me. I'm still confused and thinking the "I certainly do" was for deepsters's comment? Cause I didn't ask a question in my reply to deepster

Reaction Score
I totally get kids being amped up for any tshirt of any color. I’m all for it. I would say, on any given game? The percent of kids and adults who stand and act like maniacs for a cheap shirt with some companies logo on it is 33% kids and 66% adults.

Reaction Score
I totally get kids being amped up for any tshirt of any color. I’m all for it. I would say, on any given game? The percent of kids and adults who stand and act like maniacs for a cheap shirt with some companies logo on it is 33% kids and 66% adults.
I used to try and get one - always had lots of kids in my family and kids of friends who wanted them. I wore that one for autographs because I got it in a game where those guys played.

Reaction Score
I am not much of an amenities person. My only complaint about Gampel won't be fixed by a survey. It's the lack of leg room in the seating. I don't ask for much, but I prefer to be comfortable watching a gam

The atmosphere at Gampel needs a substantial upgrade. Some of the bleacher seats need to be replaced by chairbacks. Unfortunately that reduces the amount of seats. Not sure what can be done with the concessions, they'd need to extend the mezzanines. UConn initially wanted a bigger building.
Blow it up, rebuild.

Reaction Score
I added the unnecessary over charging for parking at Gampel. Why is it 10 in Hartford and 15 there? It's not like thr lots at Gampel are closer to the building compared to Hartford.
Parking under the XL Center has been $15 for several years at least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom