UConn Basketball Gameday Experience Survey | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball Gameday Experience Survey

Reaction Score
Laughed out loud at the parking questions. Fighting over Gampel parking really was the weirdest day on UConn twitter. Good opportunity to mention how terribly small the concourses at both venues are and to fight for at least one Red Panda halftime performance a year.

Reaction Score
Favorite tradition: Husky Slide - bring it back, broken ribs are for winners
Biggest complaint: Lines/Concessions at Gampel
Halftime: Red Panda
Parking at Gampel? "Cash lot" because I'll never tell them where I park for free, lest they take that lot away too.

Reaction Score
I am not much of an amenities person. My only complaint about Gampel won't be fixed by a survey. It's the lack of leg room in the seating. I don't ask for much, but I prefer to be comfortable watching a game.

Reaction Score
I am not much of an amenities person. My only complaint about Gampel won't be fixed by a survey. It's the lack of leg room in the seating. I don't ask for much, but I prefer to be comfortable watching a game.
Gampel bleachers are brutal...especially when people behind you refuse to stand during big runs.

Reaction Score
I added the unnecessary over charging for parking at Gampel. Why is it 10 in Hartford and 15 there? It's not like thr lots at Gampel are closer to the building compared to Hartford.

Reaction Score
Bleacher seating at Gampel has always been like sitting in a sardine can. They wanted to get as many fannies in that building as possible. Concessions are a disaster also. If you look at the newer college arenas, there are less seats but more amenities for the fans. Fairfield has a beautiful new arena.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bleacher seating at Gampel has always been like sitting in a sardine can. They wanted to get as many fannies in that building as possible. Concessions are a disaster also. If you look at the newer college arenas, there are less seats but more amenities for the fans. Fairfield has a beautiful new arena.
I'm inclined to believe that a 3,500 seat multipurpose arena is not a step up from Gampel. That may just be me though.

Reaction Score
Got my pet peeve about the concessions staff at Gampel not letting you keep bottle caps out there

Reaction Score

No one is going to gampel for amenities

Reaction Score
Favorite tradition: Husky Slide - bring it back, broken ribs are for winners
Biggest complaint: Lines/Concessions at Gampel
Halftime: Red Panda
Parking at Gampel? "Cash lot" because I'll never tell them where I park for free, lest they take that lot away too.
Huskies Slide! The best! Wear protective equipment if needed but bring it back! Kicks it up notch

Reaction Score
The team only loses on the road so there is not much drama to look forward to.

Reaction Score
XL:
1. Open entrance across from Russian Lady not just exit.
2. Get a tee shirt cannon. Throwing the tee shirts and the slingshot is a joke. Very lame.
3. Check the decibel level on the music and set so as not to cause damage to hearing. Not every game but 2 or 3 games this year the volume level was criminally loud and definitely caused hearing damage. That's just not right.

Reaction Score
XL:
1. Open entrance across from Russian Lady not just exit.
2. Get a tee shirt cannon. Throwing the tee shirts and the slingshot is a joke. Very lame.
3. Check the decibel level on the music and set so as not to cause damage to hearing. Not every game but 2 or 3 games this year the volume level was criminally loud and definitely caused hearing damage. That's just not right.
Re:
2. They need to bring back the t-shirt gattling canon they had back in the original BE days. That thing was a blizzard of t-shirt blasting mayhem.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Re:
2. They need to bring back the t-shirt gattling canon they had back in the original BE days. That thing was a blizzard of t-shirt blasting mayhem.
will ferrell frank the tank GIF

Reaction Score
Re:
That would work. I thought, why not bring out the UConn QB's and see how they launch the shirts to those of us in the cheap seats. Bring the baseball team too.
This is fantastic

Reaction Score
Re:
The cannon doesn't even make it to the upper section of either venue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom