UConn basketball coaches Calhoun, Auriemma to be inducted into Connecticut Hall of Fame | The Boneyard

UConn basketball coaches Calhoun, Auriemma to be inducted into Connecticut Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
My initial thought was "What took you so long?", but then I went to the site, and see that Noah Webster didn't get in until 2010, so they aren't a "rush to judgment" kind of place.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is fairly exclusive company - partly because it is such a recent creation. And I do think it is fitting that they be inducted. They have not had the national/international impact of most of the other members, but have done great things for CT.

And just an aside - Paul Newman (and Joanne Woodward) - what a great actor and humanitarian.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
My initial thought was "What took you so long?", but then I went to the site, and see that Noah Webster didn't get in until 2010, so they aren't a "rush to judgment" kind of place.

Yeah, Roger Sherman, who helped draft the Declaration of Independence, is just getting in this year. How is that not initial class worthy?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yeah, Roger Sherman, who helped draft the Declaration of Independence, is just getting in this year. How is that not initial class worthy?
But he did have a great classic movie theater in downtown New Haven named after him when I was a kid.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
But he did used to have a great movie theater in downtown New Haven named after him.

And a dorm in Towers at UConn. So, he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom