Uconn baseball season starts this Friday | The Boneyard

Uconn baseball season starts this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's Feb. and hoop season is in full bloom as tourney time approaches, but, with the season starting less than a week away, one would think UConn would have some press release with info on the team. Who will start, the pitching rotation, and any impressive newcomers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the ooc/early tneys are sick this year. great comp. you got sec teams, cusa teams, pac teams and so on...playing in the nike case is cool for the program being a nike team. if we make it out of the first 5 tneys with a .500 record or better, will be just fine for a young team.

and i think becuase its going to be a while before there will be a game played on campus, so there just waiting to start up the noise for the program.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Start of the season really snuck up on me. I remember looking at the schedule when it was first released and thinking it was a long ways away.

Reaction Score
Isn't there usually a depth chart for the Big East/Big Ten Challenge and media guide out by now?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just enjoy this years games 4 what they are becuase this whole thing is prob done/gonzo for next year. big east baseball i would argue is better than b10 now and still will be in the future, but b10 coaches are acting like big timers making excuses for why the b10 shouldn't be playing the big east anymore. they are doing stupid things trying to change rules for it. its all just a play so that brand name schools dont goto fl to play memphis/seton hall/nova for its 3 game stretch. stupid stuff like that. i think even if this thing dies uconn will be just fine finding baseball games early in better weather but some other conf teams may not find quality games like uconn can becuase of program strenght. that will hurt later in the season rpi/sos wise for seeding/hosting in ncaa's.

Reaction Score
Isn't there usually a depth chart for the Big East/Big Ten Challenge and media guide out by now?

20 minutes...

OK back to being serious, hopefully by Thursday it's coming, but keep in mind it's going to be digital since UConn did away with the hard copies which angered me a lot, but it's a pretty dang high expense to produce these books.

I'm really excited for baseball season, probably the first time I've ever taken their baseball team very serious, I only knew the team by media guides and reports, because UConn's All-Time baseball record seems to be a pretty decent team and actually competes very nicely in the Big East, and I'm really eager for the various tournaments! :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. I feel pretty good about our pitching. We have several good arms, it's just a matter of getting guys to step up.

I can't wait for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69