UConn Baseball Players -- Summer Leagues | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Players -- Summer Leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Just took a quick look at all of the Cape Cod Baseball League rosters for this summer and was surprised to see only one team (Bourne Braves) had any UConn players -- they have both Vinny Sienna and David Connor on the roster. I am not surprised to see Sienna on the Cape...but am surprised to see Connor (especially over McDoweel) in the CCBL.

And I am very surprised that none of Melley, Cross, Tabakman, Marzi, or Mahoney made a CCBL roster.

Anyone know of the plans all of our other players other than Sienna and Connor who will be on the Cape?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Just looked online at the NECBL rosters, and only one UConn player is expected to play in the NECBL (Testani is on the Danbury roster).

Reaction Score
Could it be that Cross, Tabakman, Marzi are all waiting to see where they are drafted tomorrow before determining what next steps are. Hope all come back, but they are all eligible and could be gone.

Reaction Score
Just took a quick look at all of the Cape Cod Baseball League rosters for this summer and was surprised to see only one team (Bourne Braves) had any UConn players -- they have both Vinny Sienna and David Connor on the roster. I am not surprised to see Sienna on the Cape...but am surprised to see Connor (especially over McDoweel) in the CCBL.

And I am very surprised that none of Melley, Cross, Tabakman, Marzi, or Mahoney made a CCBL roster.

Anyone know of the plans all of our other players other than Sienna and Connor who will be on the Cape?
There are a few that will be playing out in the Northwoods League... Others that threw many innings will just workout this summer and recoup.

Reaction Score
There is also the Atlantic collegiate league headquartered in NYC, L.I., NJ & Pa. Several UConn players performed there over the years.

Also, in the West Haven twilight league Connor David & Eric Yavaronne are playing there. Yavaronne hit a double, and David homered last night. Joe Zanghi, an incoming recruit, catches for another team in that league. He hit a homer & double a few nights ago. All this in the NH Register.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/10/13, 9:46 PM
Jordan Tabakman has made 4 starts for Madison Mallards in Northwoods Summer League. 1-0 with 3.84 ERA in 19 inns

EDIT: JonesCcj 11:36am via Web
Accidentally typed Tabakman's ERA as 3.84 it is actually 2.84.

Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/10/13, 9:51 PM
In NECBL, Connor David, Eric Yavarone and Jon Testani are all playing for Danbury. @UConnBaseball

Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/10/13, 9:56 PM
Yavarone -18 gms 241 AVG with 1 HR and 3 RBI and 3 SB. David 154 AVG in 10 gms with 1 RBI. Testani 122 AVG 1HR 6RBI in 16gms @UConnBaseball

Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/10/13, 9:58 PM
Vinny Siena with Bourne Braves in Cape Cod League is hitting .164 in 17 gms. 1 2B 6 RBI. @UConnBaseball

Reaction Score
Looks like Testani is still struggling with average. With the new recruits coming in can anyone take a stab at what the starting lineup looks like next year?

Reaction Score
Looks like Testani is still struggling with average. With the new recruits coming in can anyone take a stab at what the starting lineup looks like next year?

Hell - they are all struggling to reach/stay above Mendoza line.

Gotta wonder about the grind/focus during the summer.

Reaction Score
My thoughts. Not really sure of incoming Freshmen or positions they are slated for.

C- McDowell
1st- Melley
2nd - Siena
SS - Verdi
3rd - ?? Freshmen or Daniello
LF- Yavarone
CF - ?? Daniello or Freshmen
RF - Testani, but with his struggles a Freshmen Olmstead??
DH - Testani if Olmstead in Right or David

Reaction Score
Missed this this morning...

Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/11/13, 2:57 PM
Cal State Fullerton transfer LF Nico Darras is hitting 275 with Mystic in NECBL. 14 games, 2 2B's 2 HR's, 5 RBI and 3 SB. @UConnBaseball

Reaction Score
Missed this this morning...

Chris Jones (@JonesCcj)
7/11/13, 2:57 PM
Cal State Fullerton transfer LF Nico Darras is hitting 275 with Mystic in NECBL. 14 games, 2 2B's 2 HR's, 5 RBI and 3 SB. @UConnBaseball
Will this young man be eligible for the upcoming season, or must he sit out a year.
Looks like he can hit a bit. Certainly having a much better summer than Testani, Yavaronne, or David.

Reaction Score
Will this young man be eligible for the upcoming season, or must he sit out a year.
Looks like he can hit a bit. Certainly having a much better summer than Testani, Yavaronne, or David.
Unlike sports such as basketball and football D-1 baseball players used to be allowed to transfer once to another D-1 school and be eligible to play immediately.

Reaction Score
Unlike sports such as basketball and football D-1 baseball players used to be allowed to transfer once to another D-1 school and be eligible to play immediately.
Somewhat surprising, but Darras wasn't included in this summer report. He batted .350 with 3 HR's for Mystic in the NE Collegiate league. Perhaps he wasn't mentioned because he needs to sit out the upcoming season. Sounds like he can hit, however.

Reaction Score
Maybe things have changed...but I know back in 2003 or 2004 the son of a Officer I worked for up in Harlem transferred from Coastal Carolina (where he played with NYY OF Brett Gardner) after his freshman year to Fordham and was eligible to play right away. Just asked another friend of mine who has a son playing D-1 college baseball..here is what he told me..A D-1 to D-1 transfer must sit put a year unless he redshirted or lost a yr to injury.

Reaction Score
Somewhat surprising, but Darras wasn't included in this summer report. He batted .350 with 3 HR's for Mystic in the NE Collegiate league. Perhaps he wasn't mentioned because he needs to sit out the upcoming season. Sounds like he can hit, however.

Chris Jones from WHUS believes he has to spend a year in residence (i.e. sit this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom