Men - UConn Baseball 2022 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
So for those who are close to the program or social media experts -- any clarity (as opposed to idle speculation) as to our starting rotation? We all have a pretty good idea of our starting 9, but would love to know where we're going after Peterson does his thing on Friday nights.

Reaction Score
I would assume Pat Gallagher has the inside track on 1 of the 2 spots after a strong Cape League though this is admittedly more speculation than the clarity you are hoping for

Reaction Score
So for those who are close to the program or social media experts -- any clarity (as opposed to idle speculation) as to our starting rotation? We all have a pretty good idea of our starting 9, but would love to know where we're going after Peterson does his thing on Friday nights.

I would assume Pat Gallagher has the inside track on 1 of the 2 spots after a strong Cape League though this is admittedly more speculation than the clarity you are hoping for

I would think at this point Austin Peterson and Pat Gallagher are pretty much locks for the weekend rotation, Peterson the Friday night guy. Who know about the Sunday starter at this point. I'm hoping for one of the incoming freshmen, either Ian Cooke or Jack Sullivan, both of whom are slated to play on the Cape this summer. If not them, the other main possibilities would seem to be incoming transfers Cole Chudoba and Enzo Stefanoni. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone else like Brendan O'Donnell slips in. Whatever the case, UConn definitely needs some of their young pitchers to make a great leap forward on the mound this spring.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

Preseason Coaches’ Poll
First place votes in ( )
1. UConn (7) – 49
2. Creighton (1) – 41
3. Xavier – 36
4. St. John’s – 30
5. Seton Hall – 29
6. Butler – 16
7. Georgetown – 13
8. Villanova – 10

Preseason All-BIG EAST Team*
C – Jerry Huntzinger, Gr., Xavier
1B – Luke Franzoni, Sr., Xavier
2B – Andrew Meggs, Jr., Creighton
3B – Marty Higgins, RSo., St. John’s ^
SS – Jack Housinger, Sr., Xavier
DH – Alan Roden, So., Creighton
OF – Erik Stock, Sr., UConn ^
OF – Will Gale, RSo., Seton Hall ^
OF – Chris Rotondo, Sr., Villanova
OF – Andrew Walker, Sr., Xavier
SP – Austin Peterson, Sr., UConn
SP – Ian Murphy, RJr., St. John’s
SP – Dylan Tebrake, Jr., Creighton
SP – Tyler Roche, So., St. John’s
RP – Paul Bergstrom, Jr., Creighton

^ - denotes unanimous selection
* due to a tie in voting, there is an extra member on the preseason all-conference team.
Strikes me as odd that the team picked #1 had all of 2 players on the list. Creighton and Xavier both have 4 and St John's has 3. Just comes across as a mixed message.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom