UConn Baseball ⚾️ came close to breaking into NC Cartel | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball ⚾️ came close to breaking into NC Cartel

Reaction Score
Very close. One game - either better against Nebraska or a few runs against the big Hulky softball team of Ok State.

The 16 remaining (only ECU) is the NCAA Power 5 Cartel. UConn going forward can & will be better. That’s the big breakthrough. The Oligarchy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
a) How did you get a graphic into your title?
b) Yep it was close. We keep knocking on the door we'll get there. It kind of reminds me of Calhoun when he was trying to get to the final four. Hopefully it will be the same result.

Reaction Score
I agree. It is like UConn B.B. getting to the FF. Just good enough ... but knowing you have to have things fall just right to get in. When we were Big East, we got a head start by getting decently seeded & tourney tough. As a NE baseball power, we need our pitching to line up & score runs & not face a P on his all time performance.

Kick the doors in

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, losing a lot of guys to the draft I’m not sure how next season looks. If we have another good class I think we’ll be back on the doorstep with a Jr. Pat Winkle having an AA type year in 2021.

I do believe we were the best team in our regional this year. So much had to go wrong for us and so much right for Nebraska to win that first game.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, losing a lot of guys to the draft I’m not sure how next season looks. If we have another good class I think we’ll be back on the doorstep with a Jr. Pat Winkle having an AA type year in 2021.

I do believe we were the best team in our regional this year. So much had to go wrong for us and so much right for Nebraska to win that first game.
The pitching is going to be a huge question mark for next year, but I expect the offense to be really strong next year so I think we'll be good

Reaction Score
My sense of the talent they’ve lined up ... the have lots of confidence in the layers of pitching coming; and some of them might be as good as ever.

Sad to see Toppa-Prato-Woodworth leave. But I’m very excited about the next class coming in.

Reaction Score
My sense of the talent they’ve lined up ... the have lots of confidence in the layers of pitching coming; and some of them might be as good as ever.

Sad to see Toppa-Prato-Woodworth leave. But I’m very excited about the next class coming in.

Yes, it looks like there is some solid talent coming into the program over the next couple of years. However, I also think there is some good talent already on the baseball roster, it just needs to develop as players play in summer ball and as freshmen mature into sophomores, and on and on. Remember, Jacob Wallace was a fairly ineffective pitcher his freshman year, barely able to stay on the mound due to his lack of control and composure, even though the coaching staff had him labeled as one of the three most likely closer candidates in the preseason that year (John Russell won the closer role). But Wallace made huge improvements over the next couple of years, eventually turning into the monster he was out of the bullpen this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom