UConn Bars in Charlotte? | The Boneyard

UConn Bars in Charlotte?

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Anyone live in Charlotte and know of any UConn bars?
I seem to recall that the Alumni Association has game watches planned for Charlotte. Might be on their web site, or give them a call.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
There isn’t a “UConn Bar” per se but we do a ton of stuff through the Alumni Association at Carmella’s in Montford

What part of town are you going to be in @Colin G ? We go out for games all the time so can point you in the right direction

Reaction Score
There isn’t a “UConn Bar” per se but we do a ton of stuff through the Alumni Association at Carmella’s in Montford

What part of town are you going to be in @Colin G ? We go out for games all the time so can point you in the right direction
South End/Dilworth!

Drew

Reaction Score
South End/Dilworth!
Perfect.. I’d keep an eye out for game watches at Carmellas as they do like 4-5 a year usually. I know there is one for the KU game on Dec 1 as an example: Charlotte: Kansas vs. UConn Basketball Game Watch.

Your best bet for a place you know will have any channel and will put the game on for you is All American Pub in South End. We always wind up popping over to Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (Dilworth) and The Public House (Uptown) too. Most places are pretty accommodating though.. shouldn’t have too much trouble getting a game put on so long as UNC, State, and/or Duke aren’t playing a big game and football season is over with.

Side note- highly recommend Eds Tavern during a college football Saturday. Just a great experience on their patio, Selwyn Pub is phenomenal too.

Reaction Score
Angry Ales in South Park area? That still around? They were good about putting a game on for me many moons ago.

Drew

Reaction Score
Angry Ales in South Park area? That still around? They were good about putting a game on for me many moons ago.
They are, it’s on Montford same street as Carmella’s.

Truth is most places will put any game on so long as it isn’t busy. Just can’t walk into like Sycamore on a Saturday at 1pm and expect that to happen

Reaction Score
Perfect.. I’d keep an eye out for game watches at Carmellas as they do like 4-5 a year usually. I know there is one for the KU game on Dec 1 as an example: Charlotte: Kansas vs. UConn Basketball Game Watch.

Your best bet for a place you know will have any channel and will put the game on for you is All American Pub in South End. We always wind up popping over to Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (Dilworth) and The Public House (Uptown) too. Most places are pretty accommodating though.. shouldn’t have too much trouble getting a game put on so long as UNC, State, and/or Duke aren’t playing a big game and football season is over with.

Side note- highly recommend Eds Tavern during a college football Saturday. Just a great experience on their patio, Selwyn Pub is phenomenal too.
Diehard UConn fan…..only issue is that I’m not an alum

Reaction Score
I have nothing to do with charlotte but will chime in that any venue that regularly hosts alumni events and other things like that will usually be receptive on other nights to watch games at a bar as well. repeating business, after all.

Drew

Reaction Score
Diehard UConn fan…..only issue is that I’m not an alum
You don’t have to be to attend- it’s just sponsored by the Alumni Association which helps drive attendance. There are plenty of non-alumni that show up. I used to run the Charlotte chapter and we had like ~60 people one year for a Syracuse football game watch party. I’d venture 40% of the attendees were just “fans” of the school and program rather than “alumni”.

Also if you want to shoot me a PM- happy to chat further

Reaction Score
You don’t have to be to attend- it’s just sponsored by the Alumni Association which helps drive attendance. There are plenty of non-alumni that show up. I used to run the Charlotte chapter and we had like ~60 people one year for a Syracuse football game watch party. I’d venture 40% of the attendees were just “fans” of the school and program rather than “alumni”.

Also if you want to shoot me a PM- happy to chat further
Haha interested I just can’t figure out how to pm

Drew

Reaction Score
Haha interested I just can’t figure out how to pm
Looks like your profile settings are limited.. shoot me a DM on X @speed_in_space

Reaction Score

another vote for Selwyn...especially their mesquite dry rub wings

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom