UConn Bar in Providence? | The Boneyard

UConn Bar in Providence?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I hope to hit the UCONN game in Providence on Saturday, March 9. Any recommendation for UCONN bar to pre-game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just go where you see the most national flag blue shirts.

Reaction Score
Bradley cafe across the street from the hockey rink on campus. Walk in order a bucket, chuck the UConn fight song on the Touch Tunes, take a seat and watch the PC fans have a melt down

That was going to be my suggestion.

Reaction Score
Bradley cafe across the street from the hockey rink on campus. Walk in order a bucket, chuck the UConn fight song on the Touch Tunes, take a seat and watch the PC fans have a melt down
I was almost killed there back in the day by some older connected guy and then thrown in jail for the night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not that I know of. Union Station brewery is walking distance, but the beer is meh. Trinity brewhouse is closer on the opposite side, and is a bit better.

Since it's a late game, I'm considering going to Long Live Beerworks early then just parking and going in to the Dunk (whatever it is called now).

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
There aren’t any UConn bars like there are with Legends in NYC.

The bars closest to the AMP will be filled with PC fans and long lines.

Go just a bit further out and pick any of those.

Could even get yourself lit at Dave and Busters at the Mall if you want to “pre-game” in multiple ways.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Go to Captain Seaweeds just because it’s hilarious.
Can confirm it’s one of the wildest bar themes I’ve ever experienced. Would need to Uber to and from AMP from that one tho. That’s more Wayland Square/East Side where AMP is downtown next to mall.

Reaction Score
I remember when the NCAA tourney was in Providence back in 1996, one of the strip clubs had a bus with kegs of beer and some of their workers aboard cruising the city looking to bring people back to the bar. I can't remember the name just that it featured a side room with some ratty looking couches that you'd have to be very intoxicated to sit on.

Reaction Score
When we went last year we avoided the lines and ended up at a place called Muldowney's. Nice people. There were some UConn fans as well.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Bayberry Beer Garden
I think that place is closing soon, if not already. Something about a lease decision.

Reaction Score
I remember when the NCAA tourney was in Providence back in 1996, one of the strip clubs had a bus with kegs of beer and some of their workers aboard cruising the city looking to bring people back to the bar. I can't remember the name just that it featured a side room with some ratty looking couches that you'd have to be very intoxicated to sit on.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

The Foxy Lady. That's where Cooley used to hang too. Saturday and Sunday mornings they do Legs and Eggs.

Ive never been but Im sure that is the one.

Reaction Score
The Foxy Lady. That's where Cooley used to hang too. Saturday and Sunday mornings they do Legs and Eggs.

The place I'm thinking of was much more basic than the Foxy Lady, it was a dive bar with the sleazy side room for lap dances.

However it may very well have been the Foxy Lady that sponsored the bus and we just happened to visit another similarly themed establishment.

Reaction Score

Oh I've been. Sat with Mo Vaughn and his buddies one time. Vinny Pazienza was always there.

Reaction Score
The place I'm thinking of was much more basic than the Foxy Lady, it was a dive bar with the sleazy side room for lap dances.

Could have been Cheaters. RIP to a legend. You had a get a syphilis test after sitting on a chair there. Or maybe Cadillac Lounge. Foxy was always pretty clean (or so I've heard).

Reaction Score
I was almost killed there back in the day by some older connected guy and then thrown in jail for the night.
The mobbed up guy who owned Primetime Cafe would bring us over to the Fox when he shut down the bar. He threatened us one night behind Prime Time and kicked in every window on the car we drove over in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom