UConn bar in Albany for Sunday? | The Boneyard

UConn bar in Albany for Sunday?

Reaction Score
Is there a UConn bar or a meet up in Albany for tomorrow (Sunday) pre game?
check the UConn Alumni Association on social media. They had stuff going on yesterday, I'm sure there will be stuff going on tmw as well.

Reaction Score
For those who like eating healthy, don't want to rely on the crappy food inside the arena (not a lot of options) and don't like long lines, I highly recommend Healthy Soul in North Pearl Street (same street as MVP arena) and just a short walk away. Just opened in February.

Picked up lunch and a juice just before the game, liked it so much, I ordered take out for dinner prior to the drive home. Just clean, simple, honest food cooked to order.

There were long lines everywhere near the stadium but there were like five people inside when I picked up dinner and I was the only customer at lunch time.

The owners were mentioning Andre Jackson when I was there repping my UConn gear, so time to spread the Boneyard love. They even have a TV in there that was playing the other games. Pretty spacious too with some seating if you want to hang and watch the games.

IMG_2033.jpg

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’m making this a business trip. Same routine as I use for Gampel. Pull in, park, and drink a few beers in the car. And yes, they are now $2 Millers.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Think they had something at the Pump Station yesterday. However, I’ll be at City Beer Hall before the game. Place was packed yesterday and the fine Pilsner was a strong presence.

Reaction Score
Is there a UConn bar or a meet up in Albany for tomorrow (Sunday) pre game?
Wherever you go pre game, eat there. The food options and quality inside of MVP are bad to awful. A young woman a few rows in front of us pulled a piece of “chicken@ out of her taco (sorry for how that reads) that was the textbook definition of “mystery meat” (Meatballs reference in honor of Bill Murray). Great sight lines in the arena and I like anyplace that UConn wins…but, it’s a dump. Ridiculously tight/uncomfortable seating, bathroom locations that makes one wonder if they added them after the fact because the original plan left them out, and adjacent parking structures that took forever and a day to exit from.

On the plus side, the people working at the arena were super, super nice.

Reaction Score
Where’s the best place to park? Got an email about a commuter lot with shuttles? Gonna try and get there for 3ish near the arena for a late lunch/early dinner and some beers.

Reaction Score
Where’s the best place to park? Got an email about a commuter lot with shuttles? Gonna try and get there for 3ish near the arena for a late lunch/early dinner and some beers.
If you don't mind walking ~ 1/2 mile, the Quackenbush Garage is literally a two minute drive to and from the highway. Found parking on the first level around noon yesterday and it'll be easier to find downtown parking on Sunday since the lots/garages are used for city employees during the weekdays.

There are options even closer to MVP Arena, but that area is super congested and some streets are closed. For me, Quackenbush was the perfect blend of proximity, convenience and ease.

Reaction Score
If you don't mind walking ~ 1/2 mile, the Quackenbush Garage is literally a two minute drive to and from the highway. Found parking on the first level around noon yesterday and it'll be easier to find downtown parking on Sunday since the lots/garages are used for city employees during the weekdays.

There are options even closer to MVP Arena, but that area is super congested and some streets are closed. For me, Quackenbush was the perfect blend of proximity, convenience and ease.

How much was parking?

Reaction Score
For those who like eating healthy, don't want to rely on the crappy food inside the arena (not a lot of options) and don't like long lines, I highly recommend Healthy Soul in North Pearl Street (same street as MVP arena) and just a short walk away. Just opened in February.

Picked up lunch and a juice just before the game, liked it so much, I ordered take out for dinner prior to the drive home. Just clean, simple, honest food cooked to order.

There were long lines everywhere near the stadium but there were like five people inside when I picked up dinner and I was the only customer at lunch time.

The owners were mentioning Andre Jackson when I was there repping my UConn gear, so time to spread the Boneyard love. They even have a TV in there that was playing the other games. Pretty spacious too with some seating if you want to hang and watch the games.

View attachment 85290
Skinny Pancake and Wizard Burger, just down the street from Knickerbocker, err, Pepsi, err MVP Arena

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom